3. Winter Gala

When we got to the fundraiser, we were greeted with the harmonious sounds of an orchestral band. For an evening winter ball, it sure was colourful. The venue was decorated wonderfully with blue lightings and detailed snow flakes. Everyone dressed elegantly to match the theme. Violette did tell me beforehand that this new year's eve was going to be a blast, but I didn't think it'd be this magical.

The orchestral band occupied the large stage at the very front and beneath it was a LED dance floor.

On the left hand side of the ballroom, I spotted different varieties of food arranged lavishly on the tables. The display itself could make anyone hungry.

Around the premises, white cloths covered the round tables. Each table had atleast eight silver chairs placed. In the middle laid a beautiful centerpiece of white painted branches with bright blue lights popping out from the middle and some around the vase. The wine glasses and napkins were placed next to each dinning ware set for every designated seating.

I stood at the mouth of the entrance, taken aback by the whole set up. Violette pinched my arm as I winced in pain, "Yup, you're not dreaming at all," she confirmed.

"You just had to ruin the moment," I mocked, soothing the pain.

"You were drooling too much!"

"No, I wasn't!"

"Yes, you were. Now let's meet up with the others," she informed, wrapping her arm around mine, dragging me with her.

We hurried our way over to a duo, who stood next to a table reserved by Vio's company. "Babes, what took you so long?" questioned a petite girl, dressed in a white frilled dress. "We thought you died somewhere after all the morning sessions," said a tall guy, wearing a black tux with a black turtleneck underneath. "Had to go out and pick up this package," Vio pointed her finger at me. I smiled, waving my hand awkwardly at them.

"Oh yeah! Guys meet my best friend Elia, short for Imelia and Elia meet the crew. She's Rebecca and the clown besides her is Micheal," she introduced as Micheal stuck his tongue out at her. "So your the infamous bestie we've been hearing from her all the time," Rebecca commented, pulling me into a hug. "Likewise, I hope it was only good things," I joked when we pulled away. "Not really," Micheal added, shaking my hand. Vio threw him a glare before speaking up, "Was the chief searching for me?"

"Yeah, the moment you left. Mr Patterdale assigned Bianca at the VIP lounge, placing you upfront," Micheal reported. "What?! Why would he do that?!" she fumed by what he said. "I was suppose to be assigned at the VIP sector!" "We thought that as well, but with how Bianca is seducing the old man. We can't do anything about it," Rebecca huffed. "Sounds like a real bitch, cheer up guys! I saw some blueberry cupcakes on the way here. Want me to go get them for y'all?" I offered, trying to lighten the mood. "Sure," Vio replied with the others nodding in unison.

"Violette! Micheal! Mr Patterdale has been calling for the two of you," said a girl who came by, wearing a headset with the microphone near her mouth. "He's near the stage. Hurry!" as she left in a flash.

"I call for the chocolate cake!" Micheal chimed before the both of them took off. "We'll save them for you," Rebecca comfirmed as she waved her hand at them. "Why do they make us work even on New Year's eve?" Rebecca whined, taking a seat at the resevered spot. "I'll go bring them now," gesturing at the buffet table. "Go ahead. I'd like some cheesecakes if there are any, please," she asked politly, pulling out her phone from her purse.

I trotted my way over to the dessert table, grabbing a plate and a couple of spoons. Placing the sweets on my plate one by one, I heard everyone clapping. Satisfied with the amount I took, I spun on my heels, ignoring the huge commotion happening up front.