2. Saturday 5 O'clock

"If it weren't for that stupid voucher, I'd be home right now, wrapped up in my warm blankets while having ramyeon for dinner as I watch the new broadcast," I murmured, trying to get away from the pouring rain as I held my backpack over my head, running towards the said venue.

Why did Icarus have to drop me so far away and for what? A GAME?! Ugh!

Thinking about it, made me want to slap that good for nothing best friend of his. If it weren't for Maverick's last minute invite, I could have been inside the hotel by now!

Damn it!

I kept muttering to myself on how much I was regretting my choices till I reached the hotel where the Gala was being held at but stopped in my tracks and crossed the road to what looked like a closed store because;

The venue was splendid and classy. The building was white, with it's logo written right in the middle of the wall. Beside it, was a built-in spa shop, where only a bottle of colorful salt rub would cost dimes. The hotel consisted of seven floors. Although it was a seven storey building, it stretched on for what looked like miles.

Even through the downpour, cars were pulling up at the driveway canopy, dropping off beautifully dressed people while the hotel employees rushed over to greet them.

I stood there feeling self conscious, gawking at it all under the safety shade of a locked up store. I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my navy blue jeans and speed dialed Violette, placing the device in my ear.

I turned around, seeing my reflection on the store's window pane. To my expectation, my braided hair was all wet and disheveled. I could hear the dial tone ringing as I flatten my hair down with my other hand. The line kept ringing till I was done fixing my hair. I faced the hotel again and to my delight, the rain finally let up but I was left with no answer.

Violette must be busy since she isn't picking up, I thought as I redialled her number again and waited.

Noises from a distance interrupted the dial tone. I looked around, wondering where the sounds were coming from.

I found an alley next to the store, leading to a dimly lit parking lot. I'm guessing it must be the store's parking space. A sleek black car was parked underneath a lamppost at the very end of the vacant lot, near the wall of a building.

My conscious was telling me it was dangerous and not to bother. But as always, curiosity was killing me. When all of a sudden I heard a cry, I felt scared yet had to gain courage to help whoever was in danger. Scouts' honour. It wasn't in my blood to tuck my tail between my legs and flea when someone is in need of help.

My phone fell into silence once again as nobody answered. The fear inside me slowly growing as I redialled my friend. The dial tone made me feel a bit at ease as I tiptoed my way over, avoiding the puddles that were made by the rain and towards the vehicle where the voices got louder. Safely reaching the back of the car, I snuck a peek at the scene before me.

In between the car and the wall, two dimly lit figures were going at it.

The woman's back was pushed up against the wet car with her hands wrapped around the man's neck, her dress ridden upwards as he held her thighs, thrusting into her. I stood there in disbelief, not accepting what my eyes were witnessing.

But one thing for sure, what I was seeing from my angle is way better since the man was super hot. Even in poor lighting, you could see he had his black hair pushed back while he bit his lip in concentration.

Each time he penetrated her, she would only moan louder and for a split second I thought I saw a flash of annoyance cross his face while she kept whispering sweet nothings into his right ear. I was brought back to my senses when I heard my name being called out.