Season 2 Part 1

Episode 3- Overload

"What took you so long," I asked my dad as he walked in. "Nothing," he said. "My youngest just turned 14, tough age," Doc Robbins said. I saw dad hesitate before asking," cause of death?" I raised a brow but shook it off. "Cranial-cerebral injuries. Comminuted fractures of the occipital bone," Doc Robbins said. "Oh skull right," I asked. Doc Robbins nodded. "Injuries consistent with a grand mal seizure?" Dad asked him. Doc Robbins nodded, "First blush? Yes. Waiting on toxicology. In the meantime, check out his torso," he said removing the sheet. I spoke up, "He's covered in bruises. Possibly from being thrashed during the seizure?" Doc robbins nodded, "Possibly." Then dad spoke up, "I found tan fibres on his boxers." That was weird. "You, too, huh? His body's covered in them," Doc robbins asked. I spoke up, "Fibers on his body and his underwear but not on his shirt and pants, why?" I asked. Doc Robbins answered," Well, maybe it was as simple as he wasn't wearing his shirt and pants." my dad replied with, "Okay, then at some point he was with his Shrink in his underwear."  I raised a brow, "Exactly what kind of therapy was this?"

In the lab

"Cheese. Milk. Sweaters. What do these things have in common?"Greg asked in quiz show voice. I rolled my eyes and playfully smacked him. Aunt Cathrine spoke up, "Goat cheese, goat milk." "Goat ... sweaters?"dad tried. "Angora, "aunt Cathrine corrected him. Greg nodded, "Ding, ding, ding. Fibers from the lady shrink, fibres from the boy. Both are angora," he said passing them a book. "Angora is processed goat hair?" dad asked. I shook my head. Aunt Catherine spoke up, "Sheered, washed, spun and dyed. Angora's 100% goat. You didn't know that, Nick?" and handed the book to dad and leaves. Dad shrugged, "Must be a chick thing." Greg chuckled so I elbowed him hard.

That night

I was walking down the hallway when I heard Aunt Cathrine and Dad talking. "You're confronting suspects before the evidence is processed. You're flying solo, cutting me out. What's going on?" Aunt Cathrine asked. I heard my dad take a deep breath, "Okay. There are some people you're supposed to be able to trust, you know? I was nine. And she was a last-minute babysitter.  All I can remember doing afterwards is sitting in my room in the dark, staring at the door waiting for my mom to get home. But I've never told anyone before," he said. "I just thought this happened to me and what if it happened to her, to Destiny." I was stunned. "I'm sorry," Aunt Cathrine said. Dad shrugged, "It's what makes a person, I guess," he said, "I'm sorry, Catherine."

In the lab

"FYI. Thirty swabs in six hours? Not realistic, all right? Even for us," Greg said referring to me. Dad spoke, "Come on, you two, I thought you guys liked a challenge. What are we looking at here?" I let Greg speak, "Lots and lots of epithelials. There were skin cells shed all over the blanket." "Dylan Buckley's. Dr. Sapien's," Aunt Cathrine said. "You're two-thirds of the way there. We also isolated a set of cells from another individual. Identity unknown. But when it's important to dad here, We push further. Seven of the 13 markers matched your dead kid," I said. Catherine spoke, "Familial DNA." Dad looked at us, "Father's dead, which means we're looking at mom," he said. "Naked kid under a blanket at his shrink's late at night and his mother's there," Aunt Cathrine said. "Yeah, your case just entered a whole new dimension of weird," Greg and I said.

Episode 11- Organ Grinder

"I gave this to trace. Why do you have this," Aunt Cathrine asked Greg. "Well, because I deal in DNA. The smallest sliver of epidermal tissue," he said. "This is skin," she asked. "Scalp skin. Itchy. Can be embarrassing in social situations especially if one is wearing a dark shirt," I said. "Dandruff," she said. Then Greg reaches out and brushes non-existent dandruff from Aunt Cathrine's shoulder. "Good chance whoever moved the guy into the elevator," Greg started. "Had a bad case of seborrhea," Aunt Cathrine said doing the same thing to him, "Thanks." Aunt Cathrine turns to leave the lab but Greg stops her. Hey, Catherine? Do you think Sara would ever go out with me?" he asked her. I clenched my fist. Why were boys so blind? Or after girls with a boob size bigger than a B-cup? "Sure," Aunt Cathrine deadpans," As long as you don't tell her it's a date." I couldn't help but let out a giggle

later

"Greg?" Aunt Sara asked coming into our room. Greg smiled at her, "Hey. I was just printing something out for you ... on your hot case." I wanted to wipe a stupid smile off his face. "From the internet?" she asked. "Yeah, I ... I was... on break, had some time ... thought ... hey ... Sorry, I drew a blank on the wife," he said. That was no his fault in any way. Then, aunt, Sara leaned in toward Greg. "I could really, really just kiss you right now," she said thrilled then left. That's right leave him alone. "You'll get there," I teased.

Episode 16- Primum Non-Nocere 

Greg was looking at the eye chart with one hand covering his right eye. Dad and Uncle Warrick walked into the lab. Dad cleared his throat. "Just getting into the mind of a potential killer," Greg said. Uncle Warrick asked, "Potential killer?" "Why don't you just catch us up there, boss?" dad said. "In a minute. First things first -- your contact lens was worn by a near-sighted person. And since I was born with perfect eyesight I'm experimenting with what it would feel like to be near-sighted," Greg said.  "Don't tell us you're wearing our evidence," Uncle Warrick said. then dad said, "Come on, Greg." Greg rolled his eyes, "Give me some credit. Borrowing a pair of lenses from Archie in A/V. Giving me a headache, though. Tried it on Destiny too," he said. I have a two-finger salute. Greg picks up the results from the printer and hands it to Uncle Warrick. "Mannitol-- that's that baby laxative used to cut heroin with," he said. "China white? You sure?" dad asked. "The GSMS does not kid around, trust me I asked Greg what was in a hamburger took me a long time to forget that," I said. "I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that. West coast heroin is MEXICAN BROWN. 20, 30% pure, tops. What's china white, 75%," dad asked. Uh, your sample's 91," Greg said. "91%? No wonder the guy O.D.'D. That's a death sentence," Uncle Warrick said.  "Doesn't make any sense, man. The money from dealing heroin comes from the cutting. The more you cut, the more money you make. There's no profit margin in selling stuff that's too pure," dad said. "Unless you're looking to kill someone," Uncle Warrick said.

Later

She's a liar and a mother," Greg said.  "Morning sickness?" Aunt Sara asked. I nodded. Uncld Grissom then asked," And you know this how?" "Well, first I tested for the presence of shellfish -- crustacean-free. And then I figured if she's hiding that what else is she hiding," Greg said. "Little lie, big lie, "I said, "there was blood in the sample. Not uncommon in early pregnancy. Women get mucosal tears in their esophagus because they yak so much. So, I tested the blood for the presence of human choriogonadotropin. She is definitely with child." "She wasn't showing. She's skinny as a rail. But ... still, why lie about it?" Aunt Sara asked. "Maybe she didn't know she was pregnant. If she had, would she have gone out on the ice?" Uncle Grissom said. "I wonder if she would know who the father is... or was," Aunt Sara said. "Well, if it was Terry Rivers he was definitely deadbeat dad material. Which speaks to motive," I said, "Nothing like my dad."  "It's enough to get us a warrant," Aunt Sara said. Except you can't safely test for paternity before the baby's born," Uncle Grissom said. "We could search Jane Gallagher's apartment. See if Terry Rivers might have left anything behind," Aunt Sara said. "Yeah. Say goodbye to Greg and Destiny," Uncle Grissom said as he walks out of the lab. "Bye, you two," she said.

END

(Yes I know. Stalker is getting it's own chapter)