7. Number One

It was kind of the only logic thing to do, right? There would be no other place to be, right? Surely she had to be at the beach, right?
I found myself standing in sand, eyes frantically scanning over the sore, searching for something. Someone. But wherever I looked, I didn't see her. So I started moving. I walked down the beach, the sand making it feel like I was moving a little backwards with every step I was taking. I glanced at every single person, regardless of gender, age or looks in general. I just didn't want to miss her. I didn't want to overlook her because of carelessness. I couldn't afford to. My feet were dragging me across the little grains that made it feel more and more like an impossible task to walk alongside the water. It isn't like I've been walking much, it was my hope sinking a little with every face my eyes scanned. The closer I got to the end of the public zone, the closer I got to the end of my search. And once I stood in front of the barricade made of natural stones and a sign, my heart started to crack just a little more.
No! This can't be it! She has to be somewhere, right? Maybe I just overlooked her regardless of my careful behaviour.
I turned around, walking up the beach again until ich reach the end. And then again and again and again. Until the sun was barely visible behind the sets of waves, until the crowds faded into thin air, until I was alone at the beach. Feet still buried in the sand I let my face drift towards the ocean, watching the yellow orb sink into the dark blue water. And with the last light fading, the artificial light from layers came to life. My hand found a way into my hair as I let out a heavy sigh, dropping to the ground as I let myself rest for a moment. A deep hopelessness overcame me, thinking I'd never find her. But there was always another city. Always another chance.

Authors note

What's up! Anyone still left?
Gotta admit, I forgot this app exists. However, I found it again.

On another note, I appreciate your comments, they're making my day a little better right here. So sincerely, thank you :)
I will be honest, there's a lot on my mind and I am kinda busy, so I'm not going to promise any updates. But I do like this so I will try to find good days to continue. If you're still here, thank you for your patience or just randomly tapping on the note in case you have this in your reading list.

Much love