3. Her?

Needless to say that I won the race. Colby complained a little more about me having a headstart but it soon died down. We ordered our stuff and went to sit down when I saw a girl that looked a lot like the girl from the beach. I wasn't sure though, since I only saw her back. Colby and I sat across from each other, giving me a perfect view of the girl. She sat with some old lady at another table. That reminded me of the woman that took care of the beach girl when her parents left her on her own, fueling my hopes that she could be in fact 'my' girl. "Dude, you okay? You haven't touched your food" Colby asked and I snapped out if my thoughts, turning my gaze from the girl to Colby and down to my food. "Uh, yeah. I just thought I saw someone I know." Colby nodded and when I took a bite of my Burrito he also went back to devouring his food. We ate in silence for the rest of the meal. I stole some more glances towards the girl until we finished eating. Before we could leave I stopped Colby and told him to wait up for me at the car. I had to know if she was the girl I was searching for. Colby was visibly confused but did what I said. When he left the restaurant I went over to the girl and bravely asked "Remember me Miss No Name?" Without knowing if she truly is the one. The girl turned towards me and gave me a confused look. It wasn't her. "Uh no. Am I supposed to?" I shook my head and smiled sheepishly. "No. No. I thought you were someone else. Sorry." And with that I left.

~ Authors Note ~

I'm so so sorry for the late update. It's been a busy last two weeks. Updates gonna be regular now though. Thx for sticking up with me :)