nine

I HAVENT HEARD FROM spencer in two weeks. i anxiously paced around the foyer of his apartment complex. this is totally embarrassing. clearly he doesn't want company. or at least, company from me. i had checked the mailboxes for his address. s.reid #26.

it was the second floor, i stared at the stairs leading up to his apartment. i felt sick. i shouldn't be here. i was worried, but i was embarrassed. he probably doesn't want to see me. he definitely doesn't want to see me.

but what if something happened? what if i'm the only one who's noticed he hasn't been calling. he has a job, y/n, other people have definitely noticed. 

just do it. what's the worst that could happen?

well. my brain took a metaphorical big breath before listing them all. he could hate me, i'm invading his privacy. he could shoot me or something— he's a fbi agent, he could shout at me, he could tell me to go away and never come back, he could be with another girl, he could be having sex with another girl, he could be sleeping....

just do it.

he could be hurt.

what's the worst that could happen? he hates me? seems like he already does right now.

just do it.

a deep breath, i turned on my heel. i didn't have to. he was right there. looking. looking. looking. staring at me. i stared back.

he looked rough.

i did too, but not like that. not like him.

he looked like someone had just beaten him up and went for another round. his eye age were so dark they were purple, his hair matted, greasy. his usual clean-shaven face was covered in facial hair.

he was wearing pyjamas, they didn't look clean.

"spencer?" his eyes continued boring into mine. again, "spencer?"

"you've changed your hair." yeah, i had. it was freshly cut, it was irrelevant.

"yes. what are you doing?"

he was standing there, at the bottom of the public stairwell. like that.

"it's nice."

i continued to stare.

"i saw you, come in. i saw you come and and then i didn't see you come out."

right.

"oh."

"yeah."

moments passed.

"would you like to come upstairs?" "maybe i should get going." simultaneously trying to break the ice but instead making it more awkward.

oh, right.

"sure, i'll come upstairs." "oh, i'll see you around, then."

well.

he just looked at me, lost.

i nodded in his direction and started to walk toward him.

he didn't get the memo, he just stared until i got close to him.

he smelled bad, i pretended not to notice.

"come on then, show me where you live."  he still stared, i grabbed his cold hand.

i pulled him up the steps, towards number 26.

A/N
ahhhhhhh
about to write the next part
it'll be from spencer's
pov
kissy mwah
i'm sorry this took
so long