five

MY SPENCE——————

MY SPENCE
——————

PENNY, OR AS spencer would call her, garcia, usually came to the bakery after work. spencer knew she did, so he avoided coming in at that time. he said it was because he felt like he couldn't have anything to himself when his work friends found out. i get it, we have this peacefulness and gentleness that i don't want ruined by his team finding out. what we have is ours, private, secret, calm. he's not ashamed or embarrassed of me— i suppose he wouldn't have any reason to be anyway, we're not dating. but we're more than friends and i'm not even sure how to label it in my own mind never mind now to explain it to his friends.

today, was strange. penny came in, as she always did, just past seven pm, but today she wasn't alone. usually, she was really the only customer that came at that time, i start to put most of the chairs on the tables and clean down the countertops around seven, allowing the last customers to come in before closing at nine.

today, however, there were a group of people with her. my eyes widened as i took in each of her friends— all matching different descriptions spencer had given me of his colleagues.

a tall man, clad with a dark suit and a stern face was directly behind penny. a great contrast to her colourful hair and clothing, funny really how different they looked. i knew from conversations with spencer his name is aaron hotchner. he's the unit chief of the bau and spencer's boss, my shoulders straighten out of impulse at his authority. he carried himself like a boss, i noticed. an air of authority seemed to surround him. even in such a casual setting.

next, two women walked in side by side. and oh god, if i thought their team had too many attractive people with penny, aaron hotchner and spencer before— i was completely dumbfounded now.

they were two of the most attractive women i had ever seen. a blonde and a brunette, equally as pretty in different ways. jj, i recognised her right away, spencer cared about her the most on the team. i tried not to let the jealousy bite at my heart, but how could i not? when she looks like that? all blonde curls and long legs— a clear confidence in her walk and the way she carried herself.
emily prentiss, the other woman, a super model if i ever saw one. graceful and defined, she was intimidatingly beautiful to say the least.

my god, since when was the fbi a modelling agency?

there didn't seem to be anyone else, much to my disappointment. if spencer was here, maybe i would be able to calm my nerves. i was also secretly looking forward to meeting the famous david rossi and spencer's best friend derek.

penny immediately smiled upon seeing me at the counter, i couldn't help but return it.

"y/n! hi! i brought my friends along with me today," she gestured behind her, almost running towards me in her heels. they trailed behind, amused.

"i can see that, pen." i smiled at the people behind her quickly before looking away. my nerves are wrecked. 

"guys, this is y/n! she's the most adorable person of the planet—besides me of course, and oh gosh, where do i start? this is aaron hotchner, but we all call him hotch," she gets turned towards the tall man and i glanced at him briefly before looking down to my shaking hands, "he seems a bit stern or whatever but really he's the biggest sweetheart i know."
i smiled at that, spencer says the same. i cast another glance toward the man in question, and although he didn't quite smile— his eyes did. it's clear how much he adores penelope.

"and these beautiful ladies," yeah you could say that again, "are jj and emily!" she pointed at each of them as she said their names.

"hi everyone. it's nice to meet you all, i'm y/n." the women smiled at me, it seemed genuine and warned my heart.

"my other friends are gonna be here in just a minute, see, my favourite genius dr spencer reid invited us all over to his house tonight and since we had to take two separate cars we ended up here first. so, i texted them and they're gonna meet us here before we go to spencers which is, like, right there." she pointed non-committedly in the general direction of the apartment complex. i barely noticed. my heart began to race. do i act like i know him? or like he's just a casual customer? like we're friends? normally?

"has he came in here? i mean, it's so convenient..." saving me from the answer, the bell rang and in walked another three extremely good looking people.

none of them as handsome as my spence. my spence. i hope one day i can call him that out loud.

"babygirl," derek morgan. "sorry we're late, pretty boy here nearly ran us all off the road after he read your text." spencer blushed and i refrained from giggling. as if he felt my presence, he looked towards me and i sent him a secret smile. he returned it. and suddenly all my worries faded away.

"oh! oh! right on cue!" penny's bright voice dragged me from staring at the gorgeous man.

"y/n, this is david rossi... you've probably seen or read his books he's like mega famous." the man in question waved at me, small and confident smile on his face. he was older, but aging well— seriously why are they all so attractive?

"and that chocolate hunk of a man right there is my one and only derek morgan," she sent a dreamy smile in his direction and he winked at me before pulling her to his side. spencer says they're just friends, i think he's blind.

"and this is..." spencer cut her off with a wave of his hand.

"hey, sunshine. sorry i didn't call in this morning." i smiled wide, this would've been so awkward if i would have had to fake meet him in front of a bunch of fbi profilers who would have seen straight threw us.

besides, the use of his nickname for me makes me feel a weird sense of marking my territory. maybe it was because there were three beautiful women in the room, a natural instinct. maybe it was because when he calls me that, it makes me feel like his. i'm not sure but it feels good.

"it's okay, spence. i know you're busy." he smiled back at me. i hardly noticed the dumbfounded expressions on everyone else.

"you two know each other?"

authors note
i'm back bitches
but sooo over
sklll!!!!!
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
anyways ily pls
vote/ comment
it means a lot and i
need feedback and
criticism
also this story is
not anti-jj it's anti
jeid😡😡😡😡
we love jj but we do not
stan her emotionally
cheating on
mr subtitles!!!
even though he did age badly
😻😻😻😻
n e ways bye!!!!!💞💗💝💕💖