0.2 whole new world

mikaela smalls - august 9, 2020 (6 mo later)

fuckin highland california. i can't believe i was moving to this suburbia fucking wasteland for a whole year. it had been 6 months since monty passed and nothing had calmed down in atl so we had to dip before some worse shit happened and one of us was left alone forreal.

my uncle owned a bunch of random ass properties all over california, and he figured that he would cover first months utilities on one for us and then we can just take it over after that. this helps me and carter lay low, and let the mfs in atlanta go focus on the next problem so that we can go back home peacefully after about a year.

but highland? we couldn't move to like san francisco? los angeles? fucking highland, california? whatever, i guess ima suburban kid now. i giggled at myself mimicking kodaks stupid ass meme. "mika close the door after you grab that last box," my brother carter yelled as he walked into our new house.

i had to start school tomorrow at east highland. i was not looking forward to it at all, and i even begged carter to take my last year online since we had to literally move across country. he said that i was going to miss out on 'valuable experiences' or some dumb shit. like dude, what the hell can senior year of high school teach me about the family business that i help run? "mikaela we got here 5 days ago and you ain't left the house once. you start school tomorrow and you still ain't tried to meet nan one fuckin person. you just wanna be that weird 'lil loner stoner bitch?" I smirked at this, because in all actuality that is exactly who i am. he rolled is eyes, almost as if he knew exactly what i was thinking. "how i'm 23 and i found out it's some 'lil east highland banger happening around 11 before you, the girl who is bout to attend east highland?" he asked, sarcasm dripping from every word.

"carter you know damn well i do not give a damn about no lil high school party." I waved off, plopping my ass onto our couch. this earned a scoff from him. "coming from the high schooler," he sat next to me laughing. "you going mika, i need you to just try to have some type of normal activities and lifestyle so that the nosey suburbia crackas think we're normal regular people," he said, making me laugh along with him. he was right though, it could be easy to raise some eyebrows in this type of neighborhood so it might be good if i appear like a regular degular teenage girl. weird.

listening with earphones in, i walked to the location that carter left pinned on my phone. it was 11:30 so the party should be in full swing which i prefer over that awkward first lil bit of time while people are still showing up. as i approached the house i could see people talking outside with blue solo cups in their hands eyeing me as if i was covered in shit or something. mugging them right back, i walked into the house and was met by dro smoke, bass and hella beautiful people.

"how the fuck.." i trailed off, referring to the amount of gorgeous ass teenagers there were in this one place. in atlanta there were your fair share of beautiful people but they was scattered to the different schools around the city so you don't usually see all of them in the same place. i made my way toward the kitchen, immediately searching for a bottle of something to drink so i could feel as good as half these mfs did. a girl with short hair on the more heavyset side was holding a bottle of gold patron which made my heart sing. we made eye contact and i slid down the counter to ask for a shot. before i got there she was pouring up two and handed it to me, cheersing.