chapter 28

a/n: It's your lucky day! i had a snow day today so i wrote for you all again hehe- BUT it's finally come...third task is here everybody!!! big thanks to the people who have been leaving comments every chapter, they make my day. Y'ALL FUNNY ASF LMFAO- anyways, enjoy and have the best week! love you all <3 (this is so long I'm so sorry I got into it)

It was finally the day. After months and months of anticipation and anxiousness...the third task has arrived. I had been awake for an hour already, but chose to lay in bed with Hermione cuddled next to me. The sun hasn't come up yet, or maybe it has and the clouds have already covered the rays. Hermione's breaths were even and honestly...the only thing comforting me this morning. The constant rhythm of her inhales and exhales eased my mind that failed to think of anything other than the events planned to take place later. The sleeping brunette shifted slightly in her sleep, causing me to turn my attention away from my thoughts and to her. Well...I had to admit she was already in my thoughts. Her legs intertwined with mine, as her arm was slung across my torso, giving me not too much room to move due to the fact I didn't want to wake her. She smacked her lips, letting out a quiet murmur against my side. She stirred in her sleep once again, her eyes slowly flickering open as she let out a yawn.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I whispered to her as her chin rested on my torso.

"How long have you been up?" she asked me, rubbing her eyes wearily.

"Some time now." I answered truthfully, not really having any idea. Maybe an hour give or take I thought to myself.

"What time is it?" she reached across me, grabbing a watch that sat on the nightstand. "It's only seven." she mumbled, pulling the covers back up and plopping back down on me.

Sheesh, that means I only got like...four hours of sleep? Oh boy. I decided to keep that information to myself— as I was trying to avoid a lecture—

"You going back to bed?" I asked her while she nodded her head with a tiny smile. "Suit yourself." I abruptly grabbed her waist, moving her off of me and to the other side.

"Hey!?" she retorted, sitting up and crossing her arms with a pout face.

"Hi..." I gave her a sarcastic smile, waving my fingers before standing back up.

"Why'd you get up? I was comfortable." she muttered annoyed.

"Mione i've been up for a while, plus I'm too anxious to sit right now. Not with everything going on." I admitted, heading over to my dresser. A small smile grew on my face as I spotted the hufflepuff hoodie, folded on my trunk.

"Do you want to go and get some breakfast?" she asked me, standing up and heading to the bathroom.

"Sure." I replied happily, changing into a pair of jeans and a plain white tank top under the hoodie. Cedric's sweatshirt was oversized and still held his scent. I always thought it was a bit cringe how couples would smell their partners clothes all the time, but I now understand why they do it. My hair was already put up into its signature messy bun, thanks to my wand which is very very helpful with hair. "Hermione I need to brush my teeth will you hurry?!" I shouted at the girl who's shower was still running. No answer. "Mione!" I tried once again, as the lock clicked.

"You can come in!" Hermione shut the water off so I could hear her better. I twisted the door knob, opening it, letting a whole bunch of steam escape the room.

"Someone likes hot showers." I commented, waving my hand in the air attempting to clear it.

"Sorry." she muttered, waving her wand which cleared the room. Hermione had nothing but a towel on, her hair rested on her right shoulder as she brushed through it.