chapter 34

a/n: if anyone hasn't told you yet, you're doing great. ah I'm proud of you. I love you all, have another great week! <3

The last two weeks of our summer before fifth year have been busy...to say the least. Members of the Order of the Phoenix were in and out, running basically everything through 12 Grimmauld Place. Mrs. Weasley has been keeping us occupied though...by cleaning every square inch of this insanely large property. But we managed to make the work fun. It was now the last morning of freedom before school and all we had was one chore left. This chore in particular wasn't as enjoyable, being having to take care of the infestation of doxies. These doxies decided to infest the curtains throughout the house. Our job was to spray and paralyze them, putting them in buckets.

"Fred, what the hell are you doing with that?" I called out the Weasley, who was currently stuffing a paralyzed doxie in his pocket.

"Shhh! You trying to get me in trouble, Kilton?" Fred hushed me, covering his pocket with his hand as Mrs. Weasley narrowed her eyes to us from behind the other curtain in the library.

"If that means asking why you're casually stuffing paralyzed doxies in your pocket, then yes." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"It's their venom. We need them for a new product we're working on." Fred replied, catching another one of the creatures.

"I would feel highly violated if I were them." I scrunched my nose at the thought.

"Can you sneak a couple?" George whispered to me from my other side, nudging towards the bucket on the ground, filled with the beetle-like critters.

"What do I get in return." I crossed my arms, ready to bargain.

"Mmm, I'll give you a set of Skiving Snackboxes. On us." George's lips curled up.

"Is that what you're calling this new product of yours? What does it even do?" I questioned him as Fred cleared his throat to get my attention, motioning towards the bucket.

"If you grab two of em', then we'll show you." Fred whispered, making me shake my head but grin.

"You're on." I shook the red-head's hands, and checked to see Mrs. Weasley busy behind one of the bookcases. Carefully, I picked up two at the same time with each hand, grimacing at the creature before quickly tossing them in either pocket. Eagerly, the three of us bolted out of the room and up the stairs, sprinting to the twin's room that was all the way on the third floor. We bursted into the bedroom, throwing the paralyzed doxies out of our pockets and onto the ground. Fred and George's room was the messiest in the house, their pranking products scattered and stacked everywhere. They were currently running their joke shop as a mail order business, setting up ads in the Daily Prophet, and thankfully Mrs. Weasley doesn't read it anymore.

"Nasty buggers." Fred commented, moving around the room to get supplies.

"We've already got some venom extracted, we were experimenting earlier." George pulled out two small viles filled with a green substance.

"Okay, so what exactly do these snack boxes do?" I asked the boys, as Fred pulled out a red box. He grinned at me before unwrapping the ribbon and releasing it. Four different layers stuck out, each reading different titles and holding different products.

"So the Skiving Snackbox is a box filled with a range of sweets, that make the consumer appear ill. Depending on the type of Snackbox eaten, certain symptoms will appear." Fred turned the box in my direction.

"The purpose of these, are for students to be able to get out of lessons. One half of the sweet would cause the malady, and the other half would cure it." George proudly gave his description, making me grin at the genius idea.