chapter 18

a/n: hi!! I have many drafts I'm working on, I'll be putting in a few songs at the bottom of every chapter that remind me of hermione and ones that she would definitely listen to!! have a great day :)

The morning of the first task had been beyond stressful. The students had been let out early for time to get down to the stadiums, as everyone struggled to focus due to the excitement. I convinced Snape to let me out of potions early, he liked me for reasons I couldn't quite figure out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I treaded out of the class, giving Hermione a cheeky smile who was stuck in class, before scurrying up to my room to change into some warmer clothes. I pulled up my mom jeans, and put on a cute sweater over my turtle neck. Now almost satisfied with my look, I threw on a fluffy white jacket and pulled my hair up into a pony tail, pulling a few strands out. Man did I look cute today. I exited the common room, heading out towards the trails to the stadium. The halls were still empty as were the deserted trails, though I spotted my favorite hufflepuff walking not too far ahead by himself.

"Ced! Hey." I caught up to him as he turned around, throwing me a bright smile.

"Hey." he answered, but his smile slowly faded, anxiousness flooding over his face once again. "What are you doing out here? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" he nudged my shoulder, letting out a chuckle.

"Snape's taken a liking to me I guess." I smirk back as we continue our walk.

"Oh of course. How could anyone not?" Cedric side-eyed me, making a cute face.

"Oh stop it, you're making me blush Diggory." I roll my eyes, but failed to hide a smile. Cedric hit me playfully as I saw a flash of light and a high pitched voice cheer. I opened my eyes to see a blonde woman in heels and bright red lipstick, next to a man who had just taken our picture.

"Rita." Cedric narrows his eyes at the woman in an intimidating manner.

"Ah, nice to see some infatuation brewing around this riveting tournament." Rita winked at me, walking off, towards the stadium.

"What the hell-" I murmured, looking up at Cedric to see him shaking his head as well.

"That right there, was Rita Skeeter. She interviewed us the other day, quite the figure. Bet you that picture will make the Daily Prophet." Cedric chuckled looking down.

"Hey at least I look good." I smirk and flip my hair, laughing.

"I know." he answers, smiling as I feel my cheeks grow warm. "this is me." Cedric motions toward the tent. "Wanna come?".

"Am I allowed?" I asked, peeking into the tent and spotting the other champions.

"Guess we'll see." he muttered pushing me into the tent and into a familiar black-haired boy.

"Emelia? What are you doing here?" Harry asked, holding me up straight. I looked over at a charming hufflepuff who was already deep into a conversation with the minister of magic.

"That git." I smile to myself as Cedric glances towards me while he listens to Crouch babble on. I meet his eyes, scrunching my nose at him, as he sticks his tongue out at me adorably. I roll my eyes, moving my attention to the boy in front of me. Harry looked taken aback for a moment.

"Oh...are you two a- you know...a thing?" he asks under his breath.

"Who? Me and Cedric? No no we are certainly not." I cross my arms, furring my eyebrows together.

"Woah no need to get so defensive Em." Harry held his hands up and laughed at me. I bit my lip in concentration.

"Well I mean...I don't think so?" I bit my nail and bid Harry goodbye, walking over to Cedric. He noticed me making my way over and excused himself from the minister. "Hey listen-" I paused my thoughts, knowing I shouldn't bring the subject up, given the amount of things he has on his plate. "uh, good luck!" I leaned up and hugged him tightly. I heard the camera shoot, and turned to see Rita getting a photo of Hermione suffocating Harry in a hug. I laughed out loud, as Hermione quickly let go as she realized what had happened.