chapter 37

a/n: very excited for you all to read this chapter, I hope you have the best week eva and I LUH U <3

"Can you believe it? Bloody git." Ron scoffed from the common room sofa, as I made my way in from detention.

"Better not be talking about me." I plopped down in between the two boys, the ginger shaking his head. "Well then who are you whining on about?"

"Malfoy got prefect." a dirtied up Harry in his quidditch practice uniform muttered from the other side of me.

"And Parkinson." Hermione joined the group from the stairs, gripping her book. She motioned to Ron to move, making him groan annoyed, but obliged. The Granger took her seat beside me while Ron was now in the armchair, squinting his eyes at Hermione.

"Where did you even come from?" Ron furrowed his eyebrows.

"Wait, Pansy Parkinson is one of slytherin's house prefects?" I scoffed, utterly lost on how she could possibly be seen as a role model. Harry sighed, unsure himself on how it came to be.

"How was detention?" Hermione searched for her page, curiously peering up at me.

"Could have been worse, just scrubbed loads of dirtied cauldrons. Not too eventful." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hey, at least you're not writing lines with your blood." Harry smiled sarcastically, as I nodded.

"Right you are, Har." I smirked knowingly, resting my arms across the arm frames on the back of the sofa.

"How is that, anyway? Your scars, I mean." Hermione took my left hand that was draped on the sofa, pulling it around her shoulder smoothly. My face lit up slightly at the action, as Hermione grazed across the embedded letters. "I still can't wrap my head around the fact she's doing this. Abusing her position...like this. I mean, having this type of influence over children, and using it to-to torture them...it's outrageous." Hermione shook her head.

"I know, Mione." I watched the girl's face soften, tugging my arm closer.

"Hermes?" Ron made us turn our attention to him, a tapping sound echoing through the common room. The owl belonging to no other than Percy Weasley was tapping his claw on the common room window, making Ron jump up to retrieve the parchment he held. Ron unhatched the window, taking the letter from the older owl's grip who disappeared.

"What is it, Ron?" Harry saw the boy's eyes widen, while he moved back to the armchair astounded.

"It's...it's a letter from Percy." Ron rolled open the tattered parchment, as the last of the gryffindors headed up to their dorms, leaving just the four of us.

"Well, go on." Harry sat up now, making the brunette and I do the same.

"Dear Ron, congratulations on becoming a prefect. For some time I was worried you would take the 'Fred and George' route instead following in my footsteps. You can imagine my relief that this is not the case." Ron shared a look with us. "Given your attachment to using me as a role model, I will give you some advice from one respect of authority, to another. It is likely you have been seeing quite a lot of Harry Potter of late. I must recommend you break these ties with that boy as soon as possible. He may be Dumbledore's favorite, but Dumbledore may not be in charge of Hogwarts much longer." Ron paused, Hermione's nervous look, confirming my worried thoughts. "Your loyalties should lie with the Ministry of Magic, not Potter's and Dumbledore's personality cult."

"What the-" I started, feeling protective over the boy Percy was shaming.

"-Please do not fear breaking ties with Potter. If trouble arrises, go to Dolores Umbridge, a truly delightful woman."