chapter 3

a/n: thanks for reading!

"Man, this place never gets old." George muttered as the car began to lower onto the ground again. I peeked out of the window and...I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This place is amazing. Kids were walking around in robes, holding bird cages and brooms. Stores with the oddest sounding names were lined up on either side of the alley, where witches and wizards were crowded. It was a sight to see. George opened my door, helping me out as Fred pulled out a bag of galleons from a compartment.

"Dumbledore gave us some to buy supplies and necessities." Fred jangled the pouch, making the coins clank together.

"Alright, why don't we split up. I'll go and get your books while Fred can go and help you pick out your wand. We'll meet up where you'll get your robes fitted, Emelia." George took some galleons out of the bag and waved, heading off. And with that, Fred and I were left alone in the street. Fred turned and grinned at me.

"What?" I asked him, curious.

"Time to pick your wand, Miss Kilton." He chuckled and pulled my arm along with him. And with that, we were off. Soon enough, we were standing outside a store with a big sign on the outside, Ollivanders was written across it in big letters. I was amazed. We walked in and not even a second later an older man with white hair came skidding across on a ladder connected to shelves with hundreds of thin, long boxes filled with wands.

"Well well well, look who we have here! Mr. Weasley! I remember just two years ago when you and that crazy twin of yours came in for your wands." Fred smiled at him.

"How have you been Mr. Ollivander?" He reached out and shook his hand.

"Same old, same old." the older man waved his hand, shifting his attention to me.

"Ahh Miss...Kilton I see. Well have I been waiting for you Emelia, for quite a while. I remember when your father came in here with his brother years and years ago. A quiet one was he. Oh yes but his brother, his brother was quite the opposite." Ollivander strolled around the shelves, peering through, looking for a certain one.

A brother? Wait, I have an uncle? My mind was swirling like crazy. I had never heard about dad having a brother of any kind. Only, my aunt Sammie, but she was my mother's older sister. I was so caught up in my thoughts when I felt Fred nudge me motioning towards Ollivander who was holding out a wand for me. I wrote a mental note to think about it later. I gripped the wand, pointing towards a corner of the room causing a stack of parchment to go flying at the shop window, angrily falling to the ground.

"Oh, no no. I think not." Ollivander snatched the wand back and moved to the back of the room, hidden. A minute later he came back, handing me another wand with a curious look on his face. I slowly took the wand and grazed over it with my hand. I felt a pull from the wand, to touch it and I grasped it lightly. Suddenly a rush of adrenaline sparked, and I felt my blood rush. A bright spark erupted from it, lighting up the shop. I felt whole. I felt together. Like a part of me that was missing, somehow found it's way to me.

"I think we've found the one sir." Fred gulped and slowly smirked, looking at me in awe. I glanced towards Ollivander and noticed he was also looking at me how Fred was. The older man stared at me.

"11 and a half inch, pinewood, dragon heartstring. I was right." Ollivander whispered to himself under his breath. He swiftly moved to the back room disappearing. I looked at Fred who looked back at me.

"What just happened?" I asked Fred who's eyes were still wide.

"Let's go. We have to get moving if we want to meet Georgie on time" Fred changed the subject, tossing a few galleons on the counter and tugging me along out of the shop. My mind was still wildly lost as we walked through the alley, almost running into a few kids playing tag. I glanced at Fred and caught him staring at me while we were walking down the street. I smirked and his cheeks turned a deep red. My mind kept wandering, trying to process and understand what happened back there in the shop. I have never heard of an uncle on my dad's side. I thought he was an only child. Let alone also a wizard. Was he alive? Could I find him? But how would I find him if I didn't even know who my dad was?

"Wait Fred-" I stopped for a second, wanting to turn around to go and talk to Ollivander, but my attention was caught by George who stood outside Madam Malkin's robe shop, holding a cage. Inside the cage, a beautiful owl covered with different shades of light brown and white spots sat. George smiled at me gleefully and handed me the cage.

"Meet Huey. Your new owl." he grinned at me and I couldn't help but hug him. I gazed down at this little owl who is now mine. He's beautiful. "We'll hold onto him while you go and get fitted. Here." George handed me the bag of galleons, motioning towards the purple shop. I thanked them before opening the door, causing the bell to ring at the entrance. The store's interior was also a deep purple, matching the exterior. A magical harp played classical music in the corner, it's strings looking as if pulled by an invisible force. A short, stout woman with styled gray hair smiled warmly to me from beside another student who looked around my age.

"Oh, hello dear. In need of a fitting?" she moved to me, motioning towards a stand where I took off my jacket and obliged. She pointed her finger towards me where a magical tape measure zipped around me, moving on its own accord. It was wonderous. A black robe was lifted behind me. "Arms out. Don't want too short of sleeves now, do we?" she tutted, as I immediately stuck my arms out in response. The robe fitted me almost perfectly. She made a few more changes, altering it before flicking it on my body once again. "Perfect. How many will you need?" she asked.

"Three please. Oh and also a winter cloak. Oh! And a pointed hat!" I sighed in content, happy I remembered all the items. She nodded and flicked the robes and cloak over with just her hand. She then motioned the hat onto my head, where it fell and plopped on me, making me giggle. "Thank you, ma'am." I grinned as she held a small smile herself. Remembering to pay, I reached in and grabbed the needed amount of galleons, handing them to her. Before leaving I thanked her again, heading out the mauve door and greeting the twins who stood their patiently.

"All set?" George asked, taking my new clothes from me. I nodded my head. George checked his watch, and grinned looking back up.

"What is it?" I asked him excitedly.

"We've got some extra time before we have to go..." George looked at Fred who's eyes widened in understanding.

"Enough time for a little pit stop at Zonko's?" Fred nudged George who grinned back at him.

"What's Zonko's?" I questioned them, totally lost.

"You'll see."

∗ ∗ ∗