Chapter 6

My feet were aching and I mean really aching. I felt as if they were going to give out any secomd now. " Mama are you sure we need this much clothes?". I felt like I already knew the answer to my own question but it couldn't hurt to try.

"Yes we do we have to get dresses for your return party, your swearing, the ball after that and your birthday." she said this so casually as if all those events were that necessary to dress up for. Even if it were, we definitely didn't need this much time. We have been shopping for the past 6 hours and we haven't eaten might I add.

I sighed in defeat knowing that we are no where near finished." Well can we at least get something to eat, I'm starving." She suddenly snapped out of whatever daze she was in and looked up at me and laughed.

" I haven't even realized how much time had passed by, there's a McDonalds close by." I surprisingly understood her reasons. Mama gets carried away with shopping whereas I get carried away with events. Don't get me wrong I despise balls and events, but the thought of dressing up and free food is enough for me to temporarily throw my preferences out the window.

We payed for the clothes we bought and made our way out out of the store. We were walking pass a random stores when I saw something that peaked my interest.

It was a black bodycon dress with a mesh overcoat with a deep V showing cleavage. I instantly fell in love and if this is the front I cant even begin to imagine the back. I quickly halted mama and pointed at the dress. She chuckled and ushered me into the store. When I went in I saw the back and fell in love all over again. The back of the dress had an open back and would expose my spinal tattoo.

As soon as we entered the store mama wondered off probably to go on another mini spree

"Excuse me ma'am can I help you?" A lady with brown hair was looking at me with a genuine smile.

I returned her smile and nodded my head." Can I try this?" she nodded a gestured to a changing room.

I went into the dressing room and began putting the dress on. I wasn't too difficult all I had to do was zip the zipper which was on my ass. I stood in front of the mirror twisting and turning to see myself in all angles. This dress was absolute perfection. Simple but classy, seductive but elegant. I took the dress off and put on my black sweatpants and sweatshirt.

After I was finished I came out of the dressing room and went back to the saleswoman I met earlier. Her name was Amber and honestly I didn't expect her to be this nice . Most persons would just judge me based off my appearance.

Like the girl currently staring at me with a scowl on her face. I understand if you don't want to smile but to have a scowl etched onto your face for the past two minutes can seriously mess up your features but it looks like that's already done.

She walked up to me and if looks could kill i would be six feet under. I almost laugh at her attempt to seem intimidating , She looked like a chicken in a dress with doll eyes.

"That's my dress give it back." I frantically searched the dress thoroughly and looked back up with a frown." I think you have the wrong dress, I don't see you name on this one." I spoke faking confusion.

I don't know how, but somehow her scowl deepened "You little bitch you don't own the stores so- "

" I could if i wanted to." She only glared at me so i decided to end this unwanted argument because she was causing a scene. Even mama came out from wherever she went.

Look i don't know who pissed in your coffee but i can guarantee that it wasn't me because I have better ways to waste my time so I'm kindly asking you to take your sorry ass out of here so me and other customers can shop in peace." I didn't say it as a question so she knew I wasn't asking.

She huffed and walked out. " I'm so sorry about that." Amber hurriedly stated causing me to laugh.

"No it's not your fault she had her head in her ass." I assured her causing her to chuckle." Well come let's get you to the cash register."

I just can't wait to where this dress.

___________________________________________________________________

We went home after going to McDonalds. We realized that it was getting late so we had to end our shopping spree, much to mama's dismay. She really takes retail therapy to a whole new level.

I was currently being tortured my Belle. She barged into my room 30 minutes ago offering to do my makeup and that was completely harmless so, why not. Oh how stupid I was. She slapped me if I moved, when I talk or when I even tried to look at a mirror.

"And we're done." the second she said those magical words I breathed a sigh of relief and went to look at my reflection.

"Wow," I slightly understand why she stabbed me in my eyes. I looked more beautiful than I usually do.

She did a winged liner. My eyes where lightly coated with a crimson red eyeshadow and my lips to match except it was darker than my eyeshadow. My hair was curled an put into a low bun with rogue strands of hair laying in my face.

"Did I do a good job or did I do a good job?" she asked very confidently flicking her curled hair behind her back.

" You did an amazing job. Now go get ready." She laughed and left my room. She only had to put on her dress since she already did her hair and make up.

I took out my dress and stepped into it. I put my arms through the sleeves and then zipped up the zipper.

The floor length mirror showed my exposed tattoo. It's a red rose with vines and a snake wrapped around it, from the stem to the petals, with it's head pointing to my neck.

After my Little session of just admiring my look I went downstairs. The party haven't officially started but all the guest were present. I was running fashionably late but it's not like they can start my party without me.

I reached the ballroom in a matter of minutes. Yes we have an actual ballroom. This family is known to get carried away with parties.

All the attention was now on me ass I descended one of the double stairs. Papa came up to me and took my hand.

"You look beautiful hija." He gave me a kiss on the forehead before wondering off to god knows where and I immediately went to find food.

____________________________________________________________

A few minutes had past before papa took me away to meet someone.

"Hija this is Vincenzo Romano the former don of the Italian mafia." The man. Vincenzo extended his arms which I took with a smile to which he returned. 

"This is wife, Aria Romano." She was absolutely beautiful her slightly pale skin and Emerald green eyes made her looked younger than she is. I knew that she was in her mid forties but there wasn't a single wrinkle on her face.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Romano." She smiled at me showing her pearly white teeth.

"Please, call me Aria." I smile at her in response and started looking for papa but he was talking to Mr. Romano, I turned around and to my surprise Aria was gone, I spotted her leaving with mama. 

I just stood there looking around when I felt eyes burning into my face. I looked to my side and saw a man.

He looks awfully familiar. To think of it he looks a lot like Vincenzo, but I feel like I have seen him before, not here though somewhere else. Even while I was lost in my thoughts and confusion he was still looking at me as if he was trying to solve a puzzle.

"Do I know you?"