Chapter 26

The house was quiet as it had already been pass midnight, everyone was either asleep or gone home. The last I heard from Dante was when he called to ask if I was okay. I closed the door and walked to my room. The light was off but the room wasn't completely dark. 

I switched on the light and went to sit on the bed when I saw what was on it. The bed was covered in clothes stained with blood, that when I noticed the blood on the ground. All leading  to the bathroom. As I walked closer to the door I suddenly started sweating, I could hear my heart beating, How? I don't know. But what I really didn't know was what the hell am I feeling.

"Luciano?" I called out, to which I got no answer, I called out his name once more but instead of a response I heard a grunt coming from the other side of the room. Slowly, I walked to the other side of the room and slowly took in the sight before me. There he was, sitting on the floor, breathing heavily with a pair of tweezers in his hand and a bottle of liquor in the other.

With his head tilted back leaning on the wall, his eyes were closed as he was coated in sweat and blood. Then I noticed the bullet wound on his shoulder. "What happened to you?"

"I wasn't paying attention."

"And?"

"And, I got shot. Small price to pay." I stood there and watched him struggle to clean the wound for a hot second before I went closer to assist him."

"Who shot you?"

"A Client."

"And where are they now?"

"Well a part of him is with his parents and the other port is with the person who paid him to kill me." I looked at him in surprise. Wow, that's a scene to imagine. Waking up in the morning and leave your house only to see a piece of your child laying on you front lawn.

He went into the bathroom leaving the door open. I thought he was cleaning the wound but that thought was dismissed when I heard the water running. A few minutes went by and he came out of the shower, dripping in water. My eyes followed the drop of water that ran along his torso straight down his body, until it was soaked by the towel. 

"Can you help me, please?" He asked staring at me through the open door. I walked into the bathroom.

As I walked in he started to look me up and down as if he was slowly taking in my appearance. "You're hurt?" He asked and I stared at him confused. What is he talking about? Having notice my expression he pointed at my face.

"You have blood on your face and your neck." Right, that.

"Oh. It's not mine." I said, he chuckled.

"I see we both had quite the eventful night," he said with a smile, one which I mirrored almost immediately.

I helped him dry off and before long I cleaned his wound and applied a bandage. "There you go."

"Thank you." He said and got down from the counter he was sitting on. "Where're you going?"

"To bed. I already showered."

I waited for him to leave the bathroom before and closed the door before I took off my clothes and went into the shower.

I closed my eyes as the water trailed along my body. I stared at the blood that was washed off of me, flowing into the drain. As I showered I didn't even pay attention to the time I was spending, in the shower.

My head tilted down under the rushing water, all the other sounds around me were muffled. A faint knock echoed around the bathroom causing me to open my eyes. "You okay in there?"

"Yeah I'll be out in a second." I turned off the tap and stepped out of the shower onto the soft math that laid outside and wrapped myself in a towel.

Luciano sat up in the bed, his back leaned against the head rest, a pair of glasses on his face as he typed away on his computer. He must've changed the sheets while I was showering. I walked over to the sofa and sat. He glanced up at me from the screen before him. I watched as he took up the papers and files from the bed and placed them on the night stand.

I sighed tilting my head off the sofa. "Why aren't you coming to bed?"

"I would love to do that but, I'm too lazy right now."

I looked up at him to find him staring at me in confusion. "My hair is wet, I can't got to bed with a wet head."

"I'll dry it for you." He said, I muttered a thanks and leaned back as he walked behind me with a towel in his hand. My eyes closed in satisfaction as he gently rubbed my head with the towel. 

As I sat there unmoving a thought came to mind. "Why are you single?" I asked abruptly

"Me, single? I'm a married man." He said as a matter of fact.

"When we got married and came here, I was surprised that other than your little monthly buddy, I didn't run into any crazy ex girlfriends or any girl who thinks I destroyed their lives. Did you just stay single all these years?"

"No, I've had a hand full of relationships, but as you know this is a dangerous world. It's even worse for the rumored lover of a man who has a target on his back." His said, as I observed him, I recognized that expression of guilt that crossed his face.

"Did you lose someone you cared about?"

"No, but every woman I have been with either died or came close to it. Sure they knew the consequences of associating with me but their families didn't so the thought of it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth."

He stopped rubbing my hair as I turned to look at him. "So how many threats have you received for me?"

"A lot, I can't remember how much exactly, because everyone of the senders are already dead." For some weird fucked up reason, that caused me to smile at him. He leaned down and pecked my lips before turning my head to continue what he was doing.

He dried my hair with the towel until he was satisfied, after he was finished I went to the closet and put on one an underwear and one of his shirts. 

I walked back into the bedroom seeing him laying on his back, I climbed onto the bed and laid my head on his harms as my leg went over his torso. I'm not aware of how long we laid there until I drifted off to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________

I haven't updated in a really long time, so here it is, the chapter that was supposed to be posted since last year.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE