seventeen

17 | point break

.17 | point break

Merida swung her legs back and forth on the small metal table in the medical wing, her hands lightly gripped the cold steel, her eyes watching the man named Bruce Banner, otherwise known as the Hulk, look over her chart with a careful and considerate nature. He looked like an average man that you would see on the street with a family, tussled dark hair, a prominent face with glasses.

He wore a white lab coat over a checkered blue button down with a pair of slacks and shoes. His hair was messy, but somehow worked for him, though if he was the scientist that Steve said he was...he was definitely looking the part of it. He had a serene and gentle sense to him, his aura was swimming around with an inquisitive green nature, much like a child on Christmas.

It made sense though because at the moment he was reading her chart and the phenomenon of her mutant gene.

Though knowing who Bruce Banner was after Steve explained to Merida Bruce's other identity, it took a few moments to adjust being in his presence. Knowing the man could turn into a raging green Hulk any moment wasn't all that unsettling, she didn't miss the likeness of the two being same but different.

He knew what it was like to turn into a monster. And that made Merida less apprehensive as she walked into the medical lab that day.

Steve had asked if Bruce could look her over, to check her vitals and make sure she was in otherwise good health. She agreed reluctantly but only because her last time waking up in headquarters she had been sedated and the S.H.I.E.L.D. doctors were poking and prodding her in a very maligned way.

The thought of waking up in that lab, without seeing Steve, cold and alone had made her skin breakout in goosebumps, an involuntary shiver escaping her as Steve furrowed his brows in mild concern.

However, upon meeting Bruce, and sitting in the lab with him, Tony and Steve for half an hour or so going over her medical history and mutant gene, she had no problem offering her arm to the man when he hesitantly asked for a sample of her blood once he got done going over her chart with them.

Tony was in a black shirt with a band on it that she didn't know and a pair of dark black pants with Converse that looked like they had grease stains on them. Steve was in a button down dark blue shirt and a pair of jeans. He smelled like apple pie and blueberries. She watched his aura bounce around, cautious and warm as Bruce went down her chart with her and asked her question after question.

She didn't mind though, if anything, here she felt safe.

At ease.

Though a little overwhelmed at the generosity at times, Merida felt this space was nothing like the one she had encountered in Chicago.

They had discussed her history, briefly glossing over the morbid details, but Merida managed to get out as much as she could. He had inspected her in a gentle and delicate way, not once asking her to put on a hospital gown and for that she was very grateful. She didn't want to feel like she was in another hospital. She was allowed to keep her clothes from yesterday on and Bruce worked around it.