fourteen

14 | Tiger in the Tower

.14 | Tiger in the Tower

(Tony's face! Lmao)

Merida walked with Steve into the Avengers tower and her doe like eyes wandered around the huge structure. Her first feeling was fear, the second was nervousness and the third was inadequacy.

There were people in a mixture of different outfits walking around, heads down buried in files that they flipped through, while others were geared up in all black outfits as if they were about to head out on a mission.

Steve glanced down at her and noticed the weariness growing over her expression. He knitted his brows and smiled encouragingly down at her. She realized with a start how big Steve was compared to her lithe and bony frame. She allowed her eyes the stolen moment to drift to his arms before dragging her eyes away, back towards the Avengers Tower.

The energy was high. She could feel it.

Her eyes scanned the people who were bustling in and out and all around. This appeared to be the bottom floor and it was a high traffic area. She was used to the energy of the circus, but this was different. This was a new environment and she was starting to feel apprehensive.

Their auras were vibrating at a high frequency.

She immediately started to tremble, her throat going dry as her fearful eyes took in the massive building that only seemed to go up, up and up. She wondered who built this and how many floors it actually had. It was bigger than anything she'd ever seen before.

The floors were marble white and all around were glass windows that showed views of different offices, some where people worked diligently and others that were dark and barren.

A few people in suits walked out from a hallway from the right, which was where Natasha, Clint and Sam started to veer off towards. Merida paused, her eyes catching a window off to the left where a group of people stood before a large monitor. The image captured her attention and she stopped dead in her tracks.

Her face paled to a sheen of sickly white and her lips parted as the image on the screen was paused - stopped in a freeze frame as two people in suits stood before it, their hands crossed as a woman with a dark ponytail and glasses sat with her legs crossed on the left and took notes.

The image made her blood run cold and the bile rise up in the back of her throat.

Killian.

His face on the monitor frozen as someone had captured manic and sadistic look of excitement.

All of a sudden, he was there in the room with her. She could feel his malevolent energy radiating from behind her, the curl of his lip close to the shell of her ear as he pressed against her back and snickered.

He wasn't here.

He wasn't here.

This wasn't possible.