eleven

11 | Let Me Help

.11 | Let Me Help

Merida heard four abrupt knocks at the door followed by two slow knocks that were spaced apart by two seconds.

That was her signal.

Her eyes caught sight of the door opening as the tall red-haired vixen from the circus slipped inside with a little duffel bag and what appeared to be a drawstring backpack.

The woman was decked out head to toe in a sleek black leather ensemble that hugged her curves in all the right places. The red of her hair was a bright contrast to the dark leather of her outfit.

Merida watched as the woman moved with confidence into the room, placing the duffel bag on the bed with a light thud.

Merida quivered with anticipation of what was to come. She had been so ready for freedom but now that it was here she felt unsure. Her fear was palpable.

The woman took note of Merida's hesitation, her brows drew in slightly as she silently assessed the forlorn mutant girl.

"Put these on." Natasha offered quietly as she unzipped the duffel bag and pulled out a pair of black pants that resembled skinny jeans with a patterned white top that would fit her slender form perfectly.

Merida reached out and hesitantly took the black pants, the woman's eyes landing upon the marred marks on her wrist. The woman quickly averted her eyes from the ghastly scars.

Merida's cheeks burned red.

She pulled away swiftly, hiding her wrists as if that would stave off the burning shame of trying to end her life once upon a time ago.

A mixture of understanding and compassion in the woman's eyes, which seemed to be rare for the someone who appeared to keep most of her emotions in check.

Natasha then pulled out a thin black camisole for underneath her white top, a pair of socks that were patterned with little grey cats, and a pair of black boots.

The woman turned around quickly, giving her a moment of privacy, which indicated that Merida needed to change immediately.

Time was of the essence right now.

She discarded the bland hospital gown and quickly pulled on the camisole, followed by the patterned white top, before eying the little flowers that decorated it. Her shaky hands pulled on each pant leg before stuffing her feet into the socks.

"Cat socks?" Merida found her voice as she stuffed each foot into the boots, the woman turning around with a sly smile on her face.

"I commandeered them from Agent Larson. She has a thing for cats." The woman murmured as she quickly opened the drawstring backpack, turning around fully now that Merida was decent and clothed.