12-II || The 28th Dialogue

The 28th Dialogue

Hey.

Oh god, HI. Where the fuck have you been? The fuck is wrong with you and your SILENT TREATMENT?

I've been trying to find a way to get it back without her finding out, of course! But it's not that easy. Fuck. I can't think of a way around her. It's making my head explode.

Your head would explode if you shut me out.

I wasn't shutting you out, I was just facing my ever-present dilemma of not knowing how to get the words out.

We've never let that stop us. Come on, let's take it step by step. What's going on?

I still have no idea whether she found it or not. And he's—I don't know. I saw him walking right towards it and fuck, I really almost lost it. Right then and there. But then she showed up, and now, I don't know. Nothing seemed to blast, no fireworks. I don't know whether things actually are fine or whether they only just seem fine. I'm not going to waste time thinking about that. You know I'm planning it. It. The showdown. And I'm going through all the details, how I would do it, when I would do it...but it just seems insane.

Insane enough that it just might work?

Insane enough that it definitely won't work.

Alright, don't say that. I've heard the plan, and honestly, it's not too bad.

You think?

Yes, and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. Listen, plans like this always sound insane in your head. They never seem foolproof. But then, the execution goes down smoothly. I'm sure if you'd planned Gordon Hastings's murder before you'd done it, you would've lost faith, you would've been sure it would flop. But look, it worked. And you got away with it.

I know...still. Edging away from the how and the when of it all...I focus on the why of it and I...

You what? Come on, don't hold it in, say it, you can say it.

It's—right, what I'm doing, isn't it? This really is the only way to put a stop to this.

Of course it is. Drastic decisions calls for drastic measures.

Right. You're right.

This is no time to be having second thoughts, or misgivings, or doubts.

Yeah, yeah, you're right. Just...does he deserve this? Does she deserve this?

Is your head asking that question, or is it your heart?

Former.

Well then, yes.

Latter?

Then, no. What are you going to listen to, your head or your heart?

If I'd listened to my heart I wouldn't have even gotten to this place. I've been thinking with my head this long; I'm going to keep it that way.

Then go ahead and put your .22 to good use.

___