Chapter 4

Yay I guess.
I have most of this story pre-written btw. I just hate typing it in, that's why the chapters are short.
Also sorry for any errors in the writing, English is not my first language.
Also Niall's point of view (kinda) in this.

Niall wakes up in the middle of the night. His heart is pounding in his chest, his breathing heavy and he feels like he's drowning.

This definitely isn't the first time he woke up from a nightmare like this. It's more than common for him.

And he hates it. He hates it so much.

He hates the way the door opens slowly revealing the smirking man behind it.
He hates the fact that something called foster 'home' feels so wrong and not like home at all.
He hates the man's breath next to his ear.
He hates every moment of what comes after.
He hates the beating that comes every time he tries to tell the man to stop, every time he tries to get away from him...

Niall slowly gets up knowing he won't be able to fall asleep even if he wanted. He walks around trying to hold back the tears that are threatening to fall.

Taking deep breaths, he tries to think about something less unpleasant.
He remembers the events of the day. The men were nice. Their voices were soft and their eyes kind. And Niall let's himself believe that they care about him and his brothers. He let's himself believe that they are nice people.

Because he noticed that even Louis relaxed when he talked to them. And Harry looked so happy when they said they'll come back next week and in some time they'll take them home.

He hopes they'll come back. The last people promised too, but the never did. They never came back.

And he can't help but think that's because they are just too broken. So broken that nobody has the will to try to heal them.
He knows way too well that Louis sometimes spends the whole night crying.
He knows that Harry isn't able to spend more than two minutes separated from him and Lou.
He knows that he doesn't even speak unless he's with Louis.
They are just too broken.

He knows he won't fall asleep again. He gave up on that already.

So he sits on his bed making up stories about knights and wizards with happy endings. He really hopes that one day, he and his brothers will get one of those too.