Chapter 18 ~Asleep~

Bucky's POV

I look down at Y/n and realize she fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. I lay her head down on my lap to make her more comfortable and pull the blanket off of the small cott and lay it over her.

Is what she said about the Winter Soldier true? Or is she just trying to make me feel better.

I lean my head back on the wall and listen to her breathing waiting for sleep to come. Little did I know I would get the best nap I’ve had in awhile.

Natasha’s POV

It’s been about an hour or two since Y/n went to go talk to Bucky and hasn’t come back which worries me a little bit but I trust her judgement. I am a little pissed that she used the brainwashed card on Clint but she does have a point, you can’t control what you have no control over.

“Where’d Y/n go?” Tony, who must have just woken up, asked me.

“She’s talking with Bucky” I say and look back at the tablet I was holding.

“Why would you let her go talk with the man who took her!?”

“She said he was brainwashed and they were already trying to escape together before we got there” I tell him. He glares at me and starts heading towards the elevator.

“Where are you going?” I ask.

“To get her away from him”

“That conversation didn’t go well last time with Clint, she ended up pulling the ‘you were brainwashed too, how is this any different’ card out on him.”

“She doesn’t understand how dangerous he is”

“I think she does. I think she sees that he’s dangerous but also sees that he’s just… lost in his own mind. I think she’s trying to help him but we’re getting in her way” Tony glares at me but I know he knows what I’m saying is true. He huffs.

“I’ll just go check on her”

“I’ll come too” I put the tablet down and follow him into the elevator.

“Do you trust him?” Tony asks me.

“No, but I trust Y/n and Steve.”

“Oh right, forgot Steve knows him” I rolled my eyes. The elevator dings and the doors slide open. We step out and walk towards the cell we assigned Bucky. When we stop in front of the door Tony uses his fingerprint to open it. It slides open just as the elevator did and there on the ground was a sleeping Y/n and Bucky.

“So very dangerous” I say startasticly and Tony rolls his eyes. We stand at the door and watch the two sleeping figures.

“Jarvis tells the others to come here quietly” I tell the AI.

“Why do you want the others to see them sleeping? That’s kind of creepy.” Tony asks. I roll my eyes once again and answer him.

“I want the others to see he’s not as dangerous as they think '' I hear the elevator ding and look out the door and wave the others over.

“What is it?” Steve asks and I nuge Tony out of the way so they can see the two.

“Are they asleep?” Clint asks.

“Yep” Tony answers

“And you're ok with it?”

“Nope”

“Then why are you letting it happen?”

“Because he hasn’t hurt her without mind control yet, but when and if he does that’s when I’ll kick his ass.” Everyone just watched as Y/n moved a bit to get comfortable.

“So are we just going to stand here and watch them sleep?” Bruce asks.

“Why not. We have nothing to do today.” Thor replies

“He’s right we don’t have any missions or anything” I add.

“Do you mortals always watch each other while they sleep?” Loki asks.

“Depends” Everyone turns to look at me.

“Do you watch us sleep?” Tony asks.

“Sometimes” I shrug.

“How often do you do it?”

“That's for me to know and you to never find out” I answer with a smirk while the others look at me nervously.

“If you keep talking so loud you're going to wake her” A whisper comes from behind me. We all turn and see Bucky staring at us with tired eyes.

“How long have you been awake?” Tony whispers.

“Since he spoke” Bucky points at Thor.

“That makes sense” Clint mumbles.

“Are you sure we would wake her? She’s a heavy sleeper” I ask.

“You mean used to be a heavy sleeper, if you have spent at least 3 days at Hydra that goes away. At Hydra you have to always be alert and never let your guard down or else they’ll be able to break you.” He whispers. We all look at each other sadly and stay quiet until Tony breaks it.

“Did she… did she ever break?” He asks in a sad whisper and everyone looks at Bucky waiting for an answer.

“Once” Is all he said and we could all see that he didn’t want to share what happened.

“You should probably get more sleep Buck. We'll leave you alone.” Steve says as he starts walking away followed by Bruce and Clint.

“Do you want us to take her?” I ask him.

“Yeah… she should probably be sleeping on a bed not the floor.” He says with a small smile. Thor walks over to him and gently picks Y/n up.

“Be careful when moving her when she’s asleep, sometimes she might think she’s still in Hydra and start thrashing out.” Bucky says as he watched Thor take her and .

“Nat can you show him to the guest bedroom?” Tony asks then walks away without waiting for an answer followed by Loki.

“Lady Y/n’s room is near the guest bedroom so I will accompany you both up.” Thor says.

“I get a room?” Bucky asks.

“Yes. Now come on.” I say while walking over to the elevator and stepping in. Once all three of us and a sleeping Y/n are in we start heading up.

“You know I’m awake right?” Y/n asks.

“How long have you been awake?" I ask.

“Since Thor picked me up” She answers.

“Oh. I apologize Lady Y/n” Thor apologizes while setting her down on the ground.

“It’s alright, I would’ve woken up if anyone picked me up” She says. The door opens and we all step out except for Thor.

“I will see you later my friends” Thor announces as the door closes.

“I will see you two later” Y/n says and walks through her door and closes it. Bucky and I continue to walk until we stop at a door not too far from Y/n’s.

“This is it. If you need anything as Jarvis or ask Y/n” I tell him before walking away. I really hope we aren't making a mistake letting him stay, but I trust Steve and Y/n.