Chapter 6 -Just one more-

⚠Self Harm⚠

Y/n POV

I spring up expecting to hit my head but I don’t.

‘Another nightmare’

I sigh and look at the time. 3:30. I get up and see a pair of clothes laying on the dresser. They must have put them there last night. I grab the t-shirt and jeens, then walk into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and observe myself.

I had a bandage covering the cut across my face and bags under my eyes. I take off my clothes and didn’t dare look at my scar covered body, then turned the shower on and jumped in. 

The water washes over me, sending relief as it warms my body. I start on my hair taking my time to run my hands though it’s twisted state, then my body sliding the soap over my skin, and finally my cuts. 

Peeling the bandages away from my back and my face, I looked in the mirror thats stuck to the tile and saw stitches that held my flesh from splitting. I run my fingers along the cut and see that my back is the same but with larger,  more noticeable gashes.

I look at the scar running from above my brow to my temple then down at my arms. I remember what happened that day...

*FLASH BACK*

I run into the bathroom as the yells get louder and he gets drunker. I stand in front of the mirror and see the trail of blood from my eyebrow where he hit me with a beer bottle. I slowly sink to the floor as he slams his hands on the door screaming insults.

“worthless!”

“no one cares!”

“it’s your fault!”

“ugly!”

“cheap!”

“a waste of space!”

“you have no family!”

“no one loves you!”

“you should just kill yourself!”

After an hour he walks away. Those words replay over and over until I can’t take it anymore and slam my fist into the mirror, sending bits everywhere. I stand there looking at the mess I made until something catches my eye.

A mirror shard.

I pick it up and run it across my arm and my internal pain is replaced with physical. I breathe but then it comes back. I make another cut. 

‘Just one more’

Gone but returns

‘Just one more’

Same thing

‘Just one more’

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I run my hand over my arm. Four. It started with four but then turned into eight, then ten, then 14, and now 16, over a course of three years. 16 scars litter my arms. I turn the shower off and step out but this time I look in the mirror.

I see the scars running down my back and up my sides. I am very skinny but not considered starved even though I practically was. I don’t mind my slim body shape. That can be fixed, but the scars... those will always be there to remind me of him.