Chapter 2: Making Up

Peter wakes you up, you open your eyes and it's so blinding. You move you arms and they're sore from keeping them in the same position all night. You let go of Peter and sit up.
"Good morning," he says smiling. You can't help but smile back at him. You lay back down and Peter has open arms for you and you guys cuddle. This was okay to do, he was single now. Peter's phone rings and he turns to turn it off. It rings again, and again, and again. He finally answers,
"Yeah?" You look over at him and a second later he hangs up and throws his phone.
"Peter?" He looks angry, sad, and frustrated.
"It was Liz, she was saying she should've done it a long time ago." Your body fills in rage.
"Is she a moron? Like is she stupid?" Peter looks at you and smirks.
"Why are you smirking right now? Any time but now."
"Nothing.." he lets out a little chuckle.
"You're not mad?" You say.
"Nah, if she wants to be like that, then let her be." You give Peter a look, usually he would be flipping his shit right now. He opens his arms and you continue to give him the look, he pulls you in and you guys are just there enjoying the moment. You wake up hours later and look at the clock. You look around and Peter is gone. You scavenge for your phone. Your bedroom door opens, it's Peter with a bunch of snacks. You can't help but laugh. He sits down and turns on the tv.
"Peter?" he looks at you? "Are you sure you're okay?" He hesitates.
"If I'm being honest, not really, but there's not really anything I can do." You give a look of sympathy. He shrugs it off.

You and Peter decided to go to a play park.
"It smells like piss." You say as you gag.
"It is a kids park." He laughs. Finally you guys had climbed up all the way to the high slide.
"That felt so long," you say. You sit on the slide ready to go, when Peter sits behind you. You're shocked, but keep it in.
"Ready?" he says as he smiles at you. You nod. As you guys go down he hugs you from behind as of protecting you. When you guys get to the bottom you start laughing. Peter goes for a hug as he's laughing.
"Peter?" It's Liz. Oh no. Peter let's go if you and just stared blankly at Liz.
"Hey, uh Liz.." You can feel how awkward it's getting.
"What brings you here?" She smiles, ew I hate her smile.
"Oh me and um.. y/n here uh.. we wanted to hang- uh sorry uh hangout." He makes a neutral face. She gives you a dirty look.
"Oh, hey y/n." She walks away. You feel so raged inside, you swiftly turn towards Liz, Peter grabs your arm.
"Y/n stop.." You look in his eyes and it felt so true. You grab his arm and escort you guys out, without even putting on your shoes first. You guys sit in your car.
"You should've seen your face." He laughs. You look at him and crack a smile. Maybe Peter was really doing okay.