Chapter 3: Getting Distant

It had been over a week since you've dropped Peter off at home. No texts, no calls, no nothing. You finally decide to text him,
Hey what's up? It was simple, but straight forward. You check back at your phone and it says read. That was odd. He always texted back. Was he in a mission? No, that's stupid he would've told me. Wouldn't he? You text Happy because he wasn't doing anything. Are you guys on a mission or something? That felt rude to type, but.. Oh! He texted quick.
No, don't text me unless it's an emergency. Woww..
Happy you don't have any friends to hangout with. You scoff. You bang your head on the wall and stare at the ceiling. Fuck it. You thought, you grabbed your keys. You drive to Peter's house and knock on his door. Aunt May answers. You forgot she was a person for a second.
"Hi y/n.." She smiles.
"Hi! Oh um, is Peter around?" She looks confused.
"Oh um.." Peter stumbles out of his room you no pants on, boxers and a shirt.
"No, stay there!" He says to his room, who the hell is in his room? Liz walks out. Holy fuck. Really? Liz? With him? Again? He was heart broken! Does she think she can just walt on back? You feel your face go red.
"I um.. gotta go.." You stumble out. You feel like crying, why? Peter could sleep with whoever he wants to sleep with, why did it matter to you? God you hated this feeling. You slam the car door. You didn't even think, you just drove. No destination. Just drive. Your phone rings. Just drive. Texts. Drive. Call. Drive. Text. Drive. Then it hit you.
"Oh my god.. I have feelings for Peter." You brake, harsh. You check your phone. It was 2AM. God. You don't know who to call, so you call Tony.

You were sitting in the back of Tony's car, you've never seen Tony drive. Ever. You feel ashamed, embarrassed even. Maybe this was a mistake. Tony clears his throat.
"So where are we going?" You haven't even thought about that, you're such an idiot.
"Oh.. I can't um.. go home.." You swallow a lump in your throat.
"Let's go to the house." Woah, you've never been there before. Maybe the other Avengers were there, that thought scared you. It'd be even more awkward.
"Do you want me to call Peter?" Tony asks,
"No!" You shout. You feel red now.
"Okay, didn't know we were yelling now." You look out the window. Tony's phone rings.
"Yeah?" Tony says in his usual voice.
"Oh she's uh.." He looks in the mirror to check the back seat where you are.
"She's not with me, I'm not sure where she is- Peter- listen to me! She is not here, I don't know where she is!" He hangs up. You look at him scared, he looks at you.
"Wanna tell me what happened?" You take a deep breath.
"Peter and Liz broke up, he was heartbroken and guess who was there for him? Me! So I put all this work into making sure he was okay, and today I go to his apartment because we haven't texted for over a week, and guess who stumbles out of his room barely clothed? Him and Liz!" You hit your thigh and take a breath.
"Peter's never been good with girls." He laughs. You feel like crying again. You finally make it to the house and Pepper greets you. You smile at her, and she gives you a worried look. You and Pepper go up to Pepper's room. You tell Pepper everything you told Tony, even more.
"I think um.. I think.. I like.. uh.. I like Peter." You look up at Pepper. She smiles and gives you a hug. All of a sudden you hear Tony yelling. Peter barges in.
"Let's go!" Peter grabs your arm and all your emotions fill up again. You try to stop yourself, but you start to slide. Tony grabs Peter away from you. This was all so dramatic. You just wanted it to stop. You grab Peter and you both go into you car that was driven here. Peter takes a deep sigh and lets everything out.
"I know what you're thinking, but.. me and Liz were just going to talk, but one thing went to another and it was this whole thing, and I didn't have any self control and I'm sorry." You look at him and just shrug it off.
"I'll drop you off at your house."