5. Roman

R o m a n

I stood on the balcony, staring out into the town.

My watch beeped, indicating that it was now two o'clock, Honey still laid asleep on the bed.

Right now, I was distraught.

When I saw her outside of the party, practically staring me down, I knew there was something about her.

As cliche as it may sound, all the other woman just stared at me as if I was the biggest ATM they've ever seen, and maybe Honey thought I was too, but the coins she'd be collecting wasn't front using me. When I found out that she was practically a prostitute, I was shocked.

She was beautiful, her body was amazing, and I couldn't tell much about her personality just from last night but I don't believe that she's a bad person.

I wanted to get to know her better last night, but now? Honey's mine.

Last night & this morning left me in a daze, I had never had sex so good, and making love? That was my first tome doing it.

I felt something. When I looked into her eyes, when she kissed me, when she touched me. Shit, I should've just gave her my kid foreal when she didn't get up from my d*ck.

Honey didn't know it yet, but her days of all that sex for money nonsense, was over. Whatever she needed, I got her, whatever she wanted, she got it. She was mine now, and let anybody tell me otherwise I would never hesitate to put a bullet between their eyes.

"Shit!" She screamed from inside, and I walked back in to find her scrambling for her stuff. Her eyes widen when she notices me, and then she scowls.

"Well, good morning sunshine,"

"Why wouldn't you wake me up?!" She yells.

"You looked tired, I figured I'd let you rest." I shrug and she continues to stare at me, her eyes wide.

"I can't believe this," she laughs humorlessly, continuing to grab her stuff.

She pauses for a moment, staring at the wall, a hand on her hip.

"Roman I am a prostitute," she snaps, and I clench my jaw. I didn't like that she referred to herself as that, even if it was indeed what she was.

"I can't spend nights, and mornings and afternoons! I have a child!"

We both froze at her revelation. She looks up at me, but I was already staring at her, shocked. I tried to regain my facial composure so that she wouldn't think that I was freaked out.

She lets out a loud sigh before shaking her head and pulling her dress back on.

"Pay me," she stretches her finger out, her bag in her other hand and I reach into my pant pocket on the floor to grab three bands. I drop it in her hands and she stares at them for a moment, then back at me. She shuts her hands tightly, then leaves, slamming the door behind her.

I stand there, limp as I stare at the door.

A child?

#

H o n e y

I hated n*ggas.

This was the first and definitely the last time that I was breaking my rules for any of them, no matter how fine or rich they were.

I climbed up my apartments stairs and used my keys to get in. I knew my mother would be there, scowling at me, and the last thing I needed, was that.

I pushed open the door, and Soraya immediately came running into my arms.

"Aw baby," I coo and she giggles.