chapter two

Lorelai Gilmore was a woman that everyone in the Cassadee family loved, specifically Evie

Lorelai Gilmore was a woman that everyone in the Cassadee family loved, specifically Evie. Asked Evie would explain that Lorelai was one of the people she respected most in the world. It was everything about her, including her story of how she ran away from home with Rory at only 17 and made a life herself. Evie loved it, and part of it was because she felt as if she could relate to it. Of course her there were obvious differences. She was 17 raising a baby, Evie was 17 trying to raise 4 kids.  . Lorelai's parents were rich in Hartford. Evie's dad was never home and her mom was constantly out drinking.  There were so many things she felt were similar yet so different, but at the end that was it, Lorelai Gilmore was her ultimate role model. So when the woman invited her and the rest of her siblings to a welcome dinner for Jess, her obvious answer was yes.

Her siblings unlike her were not as thrilled to be going to the Gilmore's as according to them it was boring grown-up stuff. Evie had tried to defend it but in the end, failed and allowed the two youngest to stay home with River who unfortunately was still not feeling good. Which just left Asher and Evie going to the house.

"Hello, Gilmore's" she opened the door calling in. She was welcomed by Lorelai who was standing at the doorway with a huge smile spread across her face.

"Cassadee's!" her smile dropped slightly and she narrowed her eyes. "Isn't there more of you?" Asher snorted passing her the plate of brownies Evie had insisted on bringing.

"We're too boring and adult for them."  he laughed out following the woman into the kitchen sending a wave to Sookie and Jackson.

"I think they're just scared of Jess if I'm being honest-" Evie spoke up steaming a potato chip from the bowl on the table. The adults as well as her brother sent her a confused glance and she grinned letting out a chuckle.

"We ran into him and yesterday it ended with Ana crying and Landon with bruised legs." Asher narrowed his eyes while crossing his arms over his chest.  Sensing the sibling's tension the three adults excused themselves out of the room to check on the food cooking outside. Evie however, stopped them telling them they didn't need to go anywhere.

"You didn't tell me that." Asher moved closer to his sister who looked at him with an irritated look.

"I yelled at him - he apologized we went home, it was done with, nothing to tell," she explained putting her hands up in defense. Asher was strangely protective of all his siblings, and anytime he found out someone even accidentally hurt them - well it usually didn't end well. "Asher I handled it, I didn't need you bringing out your bat and getting into trouble with Taylor Doose again." she narrowed her eyes trying to get her point across. It was then they were interrupted by the doorbell ringing allowing Lorelai to leave and welcome Jess and Luke. "Be nice to him okay - he's new and doesn't want to be here." Asher's eyes were still hard and angry and his jaw was still stiff but he nodded anyway just as Lorelai walked in, Jess trailing behind her.