chapter four

"Landon stops putting the carrot down there it's a nose not whatever you're doing

"Landon stops putting the carrot down there it's a nose not whatever you're doing." Evie was shaking her head while laughing at her younger brother. This seemed to be a tradition when it came to the Cassadee siblings participating in the annual Stars Hollow Snowman competition. No matter what Evie said he'd siblings didn't care, in their minds they weren't going to win either way so it was better to just make the snowman look like- well look like a lump of snow with carrots and eyes. Despite this, this year Evie was determined to win no matter what.  She was determined to beat out every single person and reign over them with the award- which happened to freak out her siblings who almost never saw that side of her.

"I'd be careful Lan, she might stuff a snowball in your face if you don't put in the effort she wants." River mumbled lying on the ground while looking over at the two, his face was covered in snow from minutes ago when Evie had thrown a snowball at him for knocking the head off of the snowman. The teenager let out a huff narrowing her eyes at her grinning younger brother before moving closer to put the face on the head of the snowman. However she didn't notice how all her siblings had gathered around sharing looks, and just as she was about to put the hat on - it was pushed over. The snow collapsing on her forcing her onto the ground.

Evie wiped the snow away from her eyes sending a glare at them which only made River laugh harder. "Sorry E but we weren't going to win either way- and this." River motioned to his sister who was still covered in snow.  "This is just too funny of a scene to miss." her siblings collapsed into a fit of giggles and Evie shook her head, well looks like winning the snowman contest wasn't going to happen- maybe next year.

Working at Luke's was something Evie had been doing for years and if she was being honest - she was absolutely sick of. Sure Luke was great and yes it was  good money , but after working there for so long she honestly felt like there was nothing left for her to do. The girl wanted more, she wanted to find a career to help with all her siblings schooling, she wanted to have a happy life. But she was stuck in place and that was the most tiring part.

"Cassadee." a rag was thrown at her head and it zoned Evie back into reality. Jess was staring at her with raised eyebrows while holding his book in his hand. "I've been calling you for 5 minutes- what the hell are you thinking about?" Evie opened her mouth to respond but instead of an actual answer , sarcasm came .

"I was thinking about that one scene in Back to the Future where Biff is chasing Marty and ends up crashing into manure and then I was putting your face on Biffs and imagining it happening to you." she shrugged her shoulders and Jess stared at her before looking back at his book. "What did you need?" Jess didn't look up again he just held up his finger signaling for Evie to wait and then he spoke.

"The Gilmore's are waiting to order," with  another role of her eyes she stood afraid. Of course Jess couldn't have done it himself, why would he do that? So taking a breaths she grabbed her notepad walking towards the mother daughter duo.