⁵. ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵍⁱʳˡ

The waitress takes our order. I'm drumming my fingers on the table, looking through the window besides me, wishing we never came here. Satoru is sitting next to me, and Leia, of course, in front of him. They are probably eyeing each other right now and I certainly don't want to see that.

"I'm so happy to meet a friend of Y/n's." the bitch says.

I bet you are.

"I never see her hang out with anybody except me."

She is trying so hard to put up her good girl act that listening to her is exhausting me. I turn my head, too curious to just keep staring at the window, and see her resting her chin on her hand, leaning toward Satoru with a sly smile.

"Is that so?" Satoru comments.

My heart sinks when he lowers his sunglasses to look at her. I wince at the look on her face as she sees Satoru's sky blue eyes.

"Oh my - your eyes are so beautiful !" she chirps as she leans even more toward him, intentionally showing her cleavage. She's blushing.

He chuckles and imitates her position.

 I begin to wonder if I had done something wrong for me to live the same thing twice, in two days. I've always had a smart mouth, and I am pretty good at standing up for myself. But not with her. I feel so inferior, she is just better than me at anything. Nature blessed her with a better face and a better body, and she excels in everything she does. I can't compete.

The fact that she is dating the man I used to have, a crush on, hurts. But this, right now, hurts in a very peculiar way. It's Gojo Satoru. He came to this world and found me, he came to me. I can't help but feel very possessive toward him. My heart sinks even more knowing that all this situation doesn't make him mine.

"Used to have a crush on" ? I don't anymore ?

The waitress serves our coffees, and I start sipping on mine right after it gets in front of me. I burn my tongue and cringe, trying not to make weird noises. Satoru glances at me from the corner of his eye.

"What's your name ? We could exchange numbe-" Leia asks.

He puffs. "You're not my style."

My eyebrows raise and for a moment, I forget to breathe. I wasn't expecting to feel so relieved hearing that.

"Is beautiful not your style ?" she says, teasing. I don't think that she knows how to take no for an answer. She is the persistent kind.

"I'm not into attention whores." Satoru nonchalantly says, slouching back in his chair.

I almost spit out my drink. I'm trying hard not to burst into laughter at her livid expression. Her lips are shut tight and she's clenching at her cup so hard her knuckles turn white. I feel like karma just struck her.

"I'm not." she mutters, fuming.

"Well, you keep telling yourself that." he sighs as he gets up and extends his hand to me.

"Don't you have a job interview ? Let's go." he says, nodding his head toward the exit.

I take a look at Leia's decomposed face one last time to cherish this memory forever before I take Satoru's hand. He grabs my hand firmly and leads me toward the exit. I follow him with a wide, triumphant, smile.

Once out, he flicks the top of my head with his finger, and it hurts.

"Hey ! What's that for ?"

"You should have told me she wasn't your friend." he says with a cold stare, his eyebrows furrowing.