.⁶ ᵇᵃᵈ ᵍⁱʳˡ ?

It has been an hour since we left the closet. It also has been an hour that neither of us talked. Satoru has been sitting in front of my computer in silence, and I have been lying on my bed, surfing the internet on my phone. The absence of words between us starts to make me nervous.

The sudden motion of his chair turning around to face me startles me so much my phone slips off my hand.

"So, listen."

I gulp painfully in anticipation. I'm still too embarrassed to even talk about it.

"I know I should apologize, and I tried to do it." he pauses to sigh. "But I can't."

My mouth opens but no sounds come out

"I understand that you're angry and it would be fair for you to kick me out – still I can't apologize for something I don't regret."

"Wait – wh-why do you think I'm angry ? And kick you out ? I mean..." I mumble.

"You haven't talked for an whole hour, so I figured -"

"I'm not angry. I don't want you to leave. It's just that I was embarrassed and I didn't know how to deal with it and -" I babble without catching my breath.

I feel his arms around me before I even notice him leaving his spot. He hugs me tightly. I can hear his heart pounds against my temple as I rest my head against his chest.

"I thought you hated me. I don't know why I lost control so bad." he sighs and I feel his body relax as I wrap my arms around him. His hand travels through my hair, locks of it falling through his long fingers. It makes my scalp tingle, I repress a shiver.

"I thought you regretted what happened and that you didn't want to talk to me or –" I start before he stops me mid sentence by placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Of course not. But don't worry, I'll make it so it never happens again."

Wait, what ? No no, I don't want it to stop.

"Uh?" is the only sound that I make despite me thinking overwise.

He parts from me to look me in the eye, tilting his head. "Something's wrong ?"

Oh, yes.

"No no." I chuckle awkwardly, getting away from him.

Why would he say this ? Is it because he is way older than me ? I don't understa–

"Oh that's right." he says as he gets back in front of the computer. "I've applied for this." he points to the screen and I get up to go and check.

My mouth forms an 'o' shape as I see what job he has applied to.

"You applied to be a model ?"

"Well, I'm tall and handsome. Plus, I don't see myself working a regular job. And it pays so much money, it's ridiculous. We'll get to Japan in no time." he giggles and smirks, proud of his plan.

If the recruiters see his figure and his beautiful face, there is no doubt they'll fight over him. We can also forge a fake ID or something and say he is younger than he truly is. He looks my age. This could totally work.

However, I don't want to go to Japan anytime soon. I'm afraid of what will happen once he finds the answers he seeks.

"I'm glad you found something." I say with a faint smile. "What will you do once in Jap-"

"Y/n ?? Who are you talking to ??" My dad is just outside my room.

My heart skips a beat.

"I'm – I'm on the ph-phone !" I stutter. It's hard for me to lie on the fly, it makes my heart beat so fast.