you're sick

The sound of your whines and whimpers awoke Dua from her slumber.

At first, in her half-asleep state, she thought you were having a bad dream or that you were cold. But as she moved closer to you and put her arm around you, you were pushing her away.

"Y/n?" She mumbled as she opened her eyes and blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness. "Are you okay?"

All she got from you was a whimpered 'no' and it made her worry. She turned the lamp on and frowned upon seeing you laying next to her with a pained expression and beads of sweat gathered on your forehead.

"What's going on?"

"My stomach hurts." You groaned and she felt your forehead.

"You're a little warm. Do you feel sick?"

"A little."

She nodded and got up to push the empty trash can by your side of the bed closer to you, in case you threw up. She instinctively brushed her hand along your shoulder in soothing circles. Her heart broke with every moan and groan that fell from your lips.

She was about to ask you if you needed anything when you suddenly sat up and hung your head over the bed. She crinkled her nose and squeezed her eyes shut at the sound of you getting sick.

But she didn't dare let you go or pull away. In your vulnerable and miserable state, you were in desperate need of her touch and comfort. So she continued to rub your shoulder in circles and even whispered in your ear, trying her best to coax you through your vomiting.

"That's it, my girl. Just let it out. It's okay, I'm here with you, and I've got you."

You stopped a moment later when your stomach stopped aching and started to settle. You fell back onto the bed, a heavy breath falling from your lips.

Dua reached up and brushed away your hair that clung to your forehead. Your eyes slipped shut as soon as you fell back into bed, but you opened them to gaze back at her. She looked sad and worried as she stared into your eyes and caressed your warm forehead.

"You've probably got some kind of stomach bug." She mumbled sadly. "Is there anything I can get you? Do you still feel sick at all, baby?"

You shook your head.

"How about some soup."

You whined and shook your head quickly.

"No. Don't mention food. Please."

"Okay, my love. I won't ask about it, just let me know if you need it. Okay?"

You nodded your head and leaned into her touch as she stroked your cheek lovingly.

"Do you need some water?"

"Yeah."

She kissed your forehead softly before going downstairs, returning a moment later with a bottle of cold water for you. She watched you take a few slow sips and then placed it on your nightstand for you when you were done.

"Need anything?"

"Could you cuddle me?"

"You don't have to ask twice, baby." She smiled before climbing into bed again with you. She let you roll into her arms before she tangled her legs with your own. She reached for the blanket and brought it over you, to keep you warm and cozy. "Are you cold? Or warm?"

"I'm comfortable right now, Dua. Thank you."

She buried her lips in your hair before kissing along the top of your head lovingly.

"I love you. If you feel sick at all tonight, please wake me so I can take care of you."

"I promise I will. I love you too." You whispered as you began to drift off to sleep. You didn't feel one-hundred percent quite yet, but you did feel so much better than you did when you woke up a little while ago, with a sore stomach and a sick feeling.

Now, in Dua's arms, you feel even better and much more secure.

"Goodnight, y/n. Sweet dreams." She said as she held you close and watched you fall asleep, hoping you'd get a good rest now that you were feeling a little better.