she comes home to find you asleep

Dua dragged her feet as she walked through the door with a yawn. It was after midnight and she was finally home after being away on tour for the last few months.

Though she was tired, she almost felt like she could burst from the excitement she felt about finally coming home to you.

She put her bags on the floor then looked around. She wasn't all that surprised to find that the living room was dark and empty. It's late and you have a busy job yourself that tends to drain you of your energy.

But she still held out hope that you were awake. Even as she climbed the stairs and got closer and closer to your shared room, she still hoped you were awake and would maybe leap into her arms and let her hold you for the first time in what felt like forever.

She heard the tv from and she wondered if you were awake. Her heart began to hammer against her chest, the reality of finally being so close to getting to hold you again making her feel immensely happy.

She crept down the hall then appeared in the doorway. Your name was on the tip of her tongue as she prepared to yell out, "y/n, I'm home!', only to find you curled up on her side of the bed, sound asleep.

She cracked a smile before she walked to you. She tried to be quiet and keep her touch soft, so she wouldn't disturb you.

You looked like an absolute angel. It's been so long since she last saw you. Since she last held you, kissed you, and felt your touch. Seeing you like this, curled up so peacefully and sleeping in her hoodie on her side of the bed, made her heart swell with such love for you.

"I've missed you, baby," she said as she brushed her fingertips along your hand and stared back at you to find you open your eyes.

"Dua?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "Surprise! I'm home!"

You giggled and moved so you could hug her. You brought her onto the bed and hugged her tightly, her clothed chest touching yours as she laughed and dropped her chin to your shoulder.

"Miss me?"

"So much!"

She giggled and moved so she could drop her forehead onto your chin before she leaned in for a kiss.

"I've missed you and I love you so much."

"Love you, Dua." You mumbled before bringing her in for another kiss. She pulled away much too soon for your liking, only a moment later.

"I gotta change and brush my teeth."

You sighed and let her go with a pout and watched walk into the bathroom to get changed. You waited impatiently for her to return and when she did a few minutes later, you cling to her and refused to let her go.

"Love you." You whispered as you put your head on her chest.

"I love you more," she said as she brushed her fingers in circles along your back and stared down at you as you drifted off to sleep again. "It's so good to be home." She smiled and closed her eyes, overjoyed to be home at last with you.