#4

Essence

A Yelp escapes my lips as a hand shuts my locker so suddenly. My voice echoes throughout the hallway before I could see the rings and black nail polish on the hand that laid in front of me.

"Zail" my voice came off a little higher than intended which causes me to soften my tone "you could have cut off my hand" I dramatically say poking his now vibrating chest.

When standing with my arms crossed waiting for him to calm down took too long I turned my gaze to the boy next to him

"and how are you Jacob?" I sigh out

Jacob gave me a small smile which was the most I've ever seen out of him, he didn't smile much, which compared to his friends was no emotion at all. There wasn't a time where the three of them weren't smiling at me.

I raised my brows at Zail to clearly show my annoyance, which he did not catch onto at all.

And I thought Easton was the annoying one.

Disregarding Zail once again, I catch Jacob staring longingly across the hallway. I followed his gaze, landing on a boy who seemed like Jacob's complete opposite.

With a paint brush shoved into his back pocket and paint covering his jeans I could only assume he had taken an art class a few minutes prior to this. His dirty blonde hair was slicked back with only a few strands hanging down his forehead messily. he had brown boots and everything he wore suited his artistic style. He was laughing with a couple of people oblivious to Jacob's stare.

I looked at Jacob to see a slight shade of pink tainting his cheeks.

"Go talk to him" I encourage him, he looked surprised that I noticed him staring "you're pretty obvious" I whispered scrunching my face and fixing the posture of my books so that they rested in my hips.

"He'll never talk to him, he's too shy" Zail laughed leaning against the locker, I scoff at him with an eye roll.

"is names Harry" Jacob's eyes lit up talking about him "I don't even know if he likes guys. I'm good from a distance," he says changing his awe filled expression again.

"Well you never know if you don't try right," I said smiling "so I'm sorry," I said he looked at me questionably.

"Wha-" I cut him off "Harry!" I yelled across the hall, he caught my gaze and smiled back almost immediately, Now looking at him directly he seemed pretty familiar.

He walked over nodding his head in acknowledgement of us "hey, Essence right, you're in my English" he pointed out letting me realize where his familiarity was from.

Oh right.

"Oh yeah, this is" he cut me off, well guess I deserved that "Zail and ..Jacob yeah" he let out a nervous laugh "I know them, who doesn't" he shrugged looking down.

I narrowed my eyes at the two boys looking down at their feet and back at Zail he shrugged and hit Jacob's arm "ouch asshole, what was that for" it seemed to have gotten Harry's attention as he was now holding back a laugh and looking right at Jacob

"So now that we are all introduced why don't we hang sometime" I sling my arms around the both of them receiving a pinch on my waist from Jacob "rude" I muttered taking a step back.

"Sure" Harry nodded, at least someone seemed interested.

"Well what's your number?" I say now instructing everyone to pull out their phones.

Now I had Jacobs, Zails and Harry's numbers in my phone, all numbers that I knew I wouldn't be using. Sliding my phone away I catch Jacob and Harry switching numbers, both with pink cheeks.