#13

Essence

"We, my very good friend, are going out!" Bri's voice boomed through the phone. Bri and I had hung out every day for the past two weeks. With Killian always around, we never had full privacy to ourselves, not to mention I could never fully focus knowing he was constantly nearby.

I took the phone away from my ear, wincing at the ringing she caused with her screeching yell.

"And how exactly are you going to get out of your house?" I questioned.

"I told my brothers I'm having a sleepover with you, and since my brother loves you, he said okay," I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"Yeah, and then you get caught, and he hates me more than he already does. No thanks," I said, putting her on speaker.

"You have no choice; I called my brother's friends to make sure he doesn't find out, so we're good," she assured me. I could practically see the smile on her face.

I let out a long sigh, giving in. "Alright, I'll be there in ten; my brother's dropping me," she quickly said the last part.

"What! Bri? Bri?" She really hung up on me.

I rolled my eyes before getting into the shower, turning the knob to steaming hot. I felt the hot water spread down my hair and back as I closed my eyes, enjoying it.

A loud gasp escaped my lips as I felt ice-cold water drip onto me and the now-soaked bed. "Look what you made me do," he yelled before grabbing my hair and dragging me out of bed. "Did you not hear me calling you? Of course not; you're deaf," he answered before I got a chance to.

He pulled on my ear before pushing me down, letting go of my burning scalp. "Clean this shit up," he yelled before spitting on me.

I let out deep breaths, standing under the steamy water until a loud ding knocked me out of my trance.

Fuck, already!

It rang again. I grabbed a towel before running down the stairs.

"Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall," I muttered to myself as I rushed to the door. "I'm coming!" I yelled multiple times, but it kept going. I opened the door, gripping the towel tightly as the cold air hit my body.

My breath hitched as I saw an impatient Killian and excited Bri with a bag full of what I assumed were clothes. Killian's eyes soon went to the towel, slightly widening, but then shamelessly checked out my body.

I scoffed. "Couldn't have waited a few seconds," I crossed my arms around my body, making my chest appear larger.

His eyes were now focused there. "I tried telling him; he's not patient at all," she laughed before walking through the door. "Come in," I laughed.

"Anything happens to her, I'm killing you," his face was serious, cold. I couldn't tell if he was kidding or not. I let out a nervous chuckle to break the vibe as it just stayed the same.

"She's fine with me," I said. He didn't reply but kept his eyes locked with mine. He nodded slowly before a small, uneven smirk made its way to his lips.

That uneven smirk, how did it lay so perfectly?

He walked closer to me, looking past me, and behind, I assumed looking for Bri. His smirk widened as he realized she must have gone looking for my room. He stood in front of me, not even an inch away.

His gaze looked down at me before breaking the silence. "Oh, and by the way, nice legs, bambina," he whispered, coming close to my ear.

My breath hitched as a shiver ran down my spine. My body was betraying me.

"But if you ever open the door in a towel and let anyone see your body, I will rip their eyes out, e poi punirti personalmente," he said the last part in a deeper, darker tone (and then personally punish you).

I looked up at him, catching his dark eyes, his pupils almost covering it. "What?" I questioned.

"Nothing you should worry your pretty little head about," I scowled at his words as his face was full of amusement.

His phone rang suddenly; he rolled his eyes before grabbing it.

"Che cosa?" (What) he yelled. I flinched at his tone, which caused his eyes to soften, and his voice to lower. "Mi dispiace, che cosa?" (Sorry, what)

"Ti comporti come se dicessi scusa è così raro" (You act like me saying sorry is rare). I stood there uncomfortably, shifting under his gaze. I was in a towel in front of my boss or god.

"Ovviamente, fanculo, solo quando sono con il mio bambina, they just had to do it right now" (Of course, fuck, just when I'm with my baby). There it was, my nickname. Did that mean he was talking about me?

"Alright, addio," he said before hanging up. I looked at him, raising a brow, questioning him, even though I probably had no right. "I have to go," he mumbled looking me up and down once more.

My cheeks burned and reddened I assumed, luckily not paying too much attention to it he turned and walked away without any following words. This man is confusing.

"Ess, what the fuck are you doing? I'm bored here!" Bri yelled from upstairs. I shut the door closed before running up the stairs into my room.

"I'm here, I'm here," I said, laughing.

"Well, time to get ready!"

"Hey... can I bring someone?"