#25

Essence

"Hey Essence," Atlas knocked on the open door slowly walking into the room. I lift my head on the bed to get a better look at him. He avoids my eyes staring everywhere but the bed leading me to grow weary.

"Hey," I say sweetly. He smiled but it didn't match his eyes. "Are you ok?" I asked him prepared to sit up.

He nodded scratching the back of his neck. "So, well you see... you sort of need to pack your things" he whispered barely loud enough for me to hear him. I knotted my brows now sitting up fully. Wait. Was I allowed to leave?

My hope rises just to be crushed a second later when he speaks again, "We're leaving the apartment to head to our house on the Upper East Side," I plop back onto the bed with a sigh.

"Why do we have to leave?" I ask again. Killian had said he had more than one place and that they didn't usually stay here, but why were we leaving now? Things had been working out perfectly fine and I had just gotten used to the loft.

"I guess he just doesn't like it here. Killian told me to tell you to get your stuff packed though. We leave in an hour," I'm back upright on the bed when he tells me this. An hour? No sane person can pack in an hour.

I huff out a laugh getting up from the bed and walking past the nervous boy. I leave him alone in the room as I make my way around the apartment looking for the devil incarnate who just to his luck was nowhere to be found.

"Ess, what are you doing?" Bri called out to me, as I stormed past her. I swing my hands with a groan turning to face her with a glare.

"Looking for your idiot of a brother" I yelled trying to make it known in case he could hear me, she burst out with laughter shaking her head.

"He's in his office back there" she nudges her head in that direction, "...but he doesn't allow-" Before she finished I stomped past her with determination. Without knocking I whip the door open and walk inside quietly.

Killian chair is facing the other way towards the window staring out of it in peace. I wait for him to speak with my arms crossed.

"What did I say about-" Killian turns in the chair slowly locking his eyes with me, his annoyed expression immediately turned around with a smirk grazing his lips, I look down at them not being able to help it.

"An hour?" I yell taking only two steps forward trying my best to leave a maintainable distance. "And since when are we leaving? This place is close to the restaurant not to mention I was just about getting used to it." I say throwing my hands up.

"It's not your choice whether we switch locations or not Bambina, now is it?" He playfully knotted his brows sitting back in his chair. I narrow my eyes zeroing in on the penio he tapped vigorously on his desk annoyed by the sound echoing the empty room. "Pack," he says nudging his head to the door.

"You gave me an hour's notice," I exclaim. His face doesn't give me an ounce of care instead he shrugs his shoulders amused as if I was the unreasonable one. "-and you had Atlas tell me he looked scared as hell to even mention it."

"I told him to be prepared for the worst," he chuckles throwing the pen to the edge of the desk and standing up. I fix my posture as he walks around the wooden table and towards me, the height difference causing my neck to curl up.

"You did what?" I cross my arms offended ready to give him all hell but when he tilts his head with a grin I know that's exactly what he wanted. So instead, I exhale deeply through my nose and narrow my eyes so small that his face becomes blurry.

What a dick.

"You have some nerve," I say breathlessly.

"Took me fifty minutes," he says casually. I stand corrected. No sane person is capable of packing that fast. I chuckle to myself shaking my head in the process.