#18

Essence

I laid on the extremely comfortable bed practically sinking into it as I was back in the room I had been in before.

They can't keep me locked in here forever. This is literally kidnapping, not to mention I hate being locked in a room. I can't keep having these situations be put onto me. What did I do to deserve this? I feel like the walls are gonna close in on me if I stay in here any longer.

I hate him. That idiot left his fucking wallet on purpose. Stupid man.

Why couldn't he have let me live and watch from a distance if I was in that big of trouble? Now I'm always gonna be tied down to the mafia.

The door opened suddenly and abruptly, scaring me in the process. "Shit," I mumbled under my breath.

Who the hell—

A teenage boy who looked a few years younger walked through the door unbothered until his eyes landed on me, his face filled with shock.

"Who are you?" he questioned, his eyes traveling my body till it landed on my bare legs, a smirk broke out onto his face. Instinctively I pull down the tee shirt I wore with a groan.

"Eyes up here," I rolled my eyes. "And me? Who are you?" I questioned him, standing up and crossing my arms around my chest.

"I asked first," he raised his brows, giving me a look of 'take that.'

"What are you, in first grade? You walked in on me," I said again. He groaned closing the door and walking closer to me. The action alone made me more aware of my surroundings.

"Well, I live here, so I win," he smiled at himself, little cocky bastard.

"Great, another annoying guy," I sighed, flopping on the bed. Wait—"hold up, live here?" I asked. How did he live here?

"Yeah, live," he shrugged. "With my sister and brother? You are in the house, so shouldn't you already know?" he scrunched his brows before leaning against the wall with one leg up. Right, Bri did say she had a younger brother as well. I need to keep up with these things.

Now knowing this information the resemblance was uncanny. He looked like a little Killian with the same amount of cockiness lacing his tone.

"Right—what's your name?" I asked. "And don't ask me back because I asked first," I mimicked him, causing him to laugh wholeheartedly. Killian never laughed like that or even at all.

"Atlas," he said. What a nice name, damn. "Now you have to tell me yours, beautiful," he raised his brows pushing himself off of the wall.

"First, I'm older than you by probably a few years," I laughed. "And I'm Essence."

"Age is just a number. I can be 18 if you want me to be—wait, Essence, the Essence. Your name has been spoken about quite a lot," he smirked.

"It has?" I questioned.

"They talk about you a lot, all good things, don't worry. Guess you'll be here for a while then, huh?" he said, nodding his head with a chuckle.

"A while?" My eyes widened.

"I heard very little; they never let me in on anything. But imagine my surprise when I come back from a school trip and find a cute girl in my game room," he chuckled.

"Game room?" I looked around, taking in the room I hadn't really paid attention to. There was a big TV, but I couldn't find the remote, so I never even bothered. "Shit, sorry," I nervously said looking at the large couch in front of it.

"Not your fault," he shrugged. "Now I have someone to play with; everyone my siblings bring over never want to play with me," he pouted, pulling a box out from under the bed. He opened it, bringing out two remotes. "Wanna play?" he shook the control with a smile grazing upon his lips as he walked to the couch in front of the TV and patted the seat beside him.