Ma Kent

-THANK YOU FOR 100 follows!!!! I planned to have already written this whole thing, and upload in parts, but 100 follows came too fast. next part up soon, but I gotta write them all out first :)-

"This is gonna suck." Artemis groaned."I HATE small towns."

"Why?" M'gann asked. The six were walking down a quiet, sunbaked street in nowheres-ville Kansas. With no leaguers on earth this week, they were sent away to be babysat by--and protect-- one of the leagues closest associates. It was a massive pain, but the pseudo vacation and warmth of the sun light was a nice change of pace. "This place seems really nice."

Artemis gestured to herself. "Do I look small town to you?"

"I mean, I'm from the midwest, so I get this place." Wally remarked. "Corn fields, churches, probably a local Cryptid or two..."

"Maybe a violent true crime event..." Dick agreed. "That feels like a Kansas thing, right?"

The redhead nodded. "Absolutely: Smallville chainsaw massacre!"

"We should find our accommodations and scout out the rest of the town in the evening." Kaldur told them.

"Yeah, I got the map-" Dick sighed, putting his phone away. "Never mind. No service." He didn't want to whip out his hollow glove in the middle of the town.

They were very clearly outsiders here. Although they'd hidden their costumes and unhuman features, they still had six teens, three of whom weren't white, dressed in mostly inner-city garb. Truly, Wally was the only one who seemed to fit in. 

"Clark?" Conner, who'd been lost in his own world for most of the walk, was halted by a weak hand on his arm.

The six had started a little from suddenly being approached, even by such an innocuous figure. Conner pulled his arm back sharply, being greatly affected by unconsented touch. "No."

"I'm sorry, I thought you were...." The old Lady reconciled. "You look so like him."

"Clark?" Dick asked, leaning backwards to lock eyes with Wally.

"As in Kent?" Wally whispered back.

"No." Conner pulled away, confused and uncomfortable, though outwardly he just appeared angry. "I don't know a Clark." He tried to leave, as did the old woman, but his friends loitered behind.

"Excuse me- we need help." Kaldur tried to stop her as politely and non-threateningly as possible.

"We're lost." M'gann explained. "Can you please give us directions?"

"Of course, darling, where are you going?"

"We're going to be staying this farm plot." Kaldur timidly removed a slip of paper from his pocket and passed it to the woman.

"Oh it's you!" The woman exclaimed. "I'm Martha Kent, you're the young heroes Clark said needed to stay with me!"

The teens shushed her in unison. "Sorry," Dick whispered. "The whole hero thing is kinda under wraps..."

"Oh, yes, of course." She told the teenagers, leading towards an old truck. "Put your things in the back, I'll give you a lift up. Oh! little Richard, I didn't even recognize you you've gotten so big..."

"Doesn't feel like it." Dick chuckled, cracking his knuckles uncomfortably.

"It's been ages since I've hosted anyone." Mrs. Kent offered to put their bags in the truck, but the teens were stronger than her, and refused. Thus the six were convinced to catch a ride up to the farm.