Chapter 1

A/N: PLEASE READ!!

This book takes place after season 4 of the animated series. I would like to pay tribute to the series as it is sad to see the series end. However, I have high hopes to see more to the series whether as a spinoff or continuing with a new generation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for being there, Player. You mean the world to me." Carmen smiled nervously walking up towards the orphanage her mother worked at.

"Like I told you before Red, I'm not going anywhere." Player replied through Carmen's ear piece as Carmen walks up the small steps to the door trying to muster up the courage to knock. As she lets out a deep breath she knocks on the door slightly clutching her dolls as she awaits an answer.

"What am I doing here? VILE is still roaming around. What if I put her in danger? What if I put the children in danger? I could never put them in harm's way." I thought until the door opened.

"Hello?" A lady asks, her semi-long brown hair tied up into a ponytail, tanned skin, brown eyes and naturally pink tinted lips, wearing a yellow apron over her red shirt and denim jeans, however she looked young.

"H-hi" I fumble to say as I hold the dolls behind my back.

"Do you need anything?" The lady asked, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh, uh sorry. Is Carlotta Valdez here?" Carmen asked.

"Unfortunately, she isn't at the moment. Would you like me to give her a message?" The lady replied

"Thanks, tell Carlotta that a wolf cub came past." Carm said as she walked away, moving the dolls to her chest smiling, leaving the lady a little confused.

The lady walked inside and to the kitchen where Carlotta was.

"Who was that Dia?" Carlotta asked, cooking some enchelladas'.

"I don't know, but she did want me to give you a message."Dia replied

"Oh, and what was the message? Carlott turned around to face Dia after putting the enchelladas in the oven to melt the cheese.

"A wolf cub came past." Dia said while grabbing some water from the fridge. "Whatever that's supposed to mean."Carlotta thinks about it for a second then remembers the fire and drops to her knees crying. "Ms. Valdez! Are you alright?!" Dia rushes over to help her up but Carlotta runs to the door and opens it only to find the empty streets of the neighbourhood.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Player, I believe it's time for a new mission." Carmen said as she watched her mom open the door of the orphanage to get a glimp of her from the rooftops still smiling.

"What? But don't you want to meet your mother?" Player asked with confusion.

"Of course I do, it's just, if I have a connection with her, who knows what danger I could be putting her and those children in." Carmen reasoned.

"Well we do have a lead on a possible painting to be stolen in New York." Player says, opening a link.

"And here I thought it would be something for fashion week." Carmen says as she escapes under the cover of shadows.

"I wouldn't be too down about that, fashion week is in a few weeks." Player says, searching up the designers.

"Well well, I guess we might be able to knock two birds with one stone."

"I'm getting your ride ready, but shouldn't you get back up?"

"I guess I might, but I think for now we need to stop them. I mean we'd be doing ACME a favour wouldn't we? Plus I left those two in the dark only leaving them a note"

"I guess you're right. Your flight leaves first thing in the morning. Are you ready?"

"More than I'll ever be. It'll be just like the good old days, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember."

And with that Carmen's journey continues...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thanks for reading my chapter, it is short but I think tension is a good thing. Who do you think they'll meet on their next mission in their journey to capture all of VILE?

Spoilers\Hints for the next chapter:

Any guesses?

Anyone who gets it right gets a shout out for the next chapter!

Word Count: 711