Chapter 4

A/N: sorry for the late post, school holidays are starting now however and more chapters coming out, thank you for still reading 👉👈❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright Player, do you have the exact location to Gray?"

"Yep, the last sightings of him was at a coffee shop two blocks away from you. Sending you the directions."

"Got it," Carmen says as she runs along rooftops.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little ol'Lambkins. I was wondering when you'd get here." Gray says as he sips his coffee.

"You gonna offer me a cuppa?" Carmen asks as she takes a seat.

"I was, but you're a big girl. I figured you could do it yourself." Gray says as he signals to the counter. Carmen orders a chai latte, pay the bill and sits back down.

"This is an interesting setting," Carmen says as she looks around at people playing games.

"Nice cafe ain't it?"

"Game City... It's different, not something I pictured you to like. What's with the change of scenery?"

"Seeing people fail at the games is calming."

"Right... But I meant Perth, why did you chose to come here instead of Sydney?"

"I don't know, felt like traveling I guess."

"So why did bring me out here for?"

"I thought you and your guide would've figured it out by now."

"What do you mean?"Carmen asks

"Order 24!" the barista calls out from behind the counter. Carmen goes up and collects her order then sits back down.

"This cafe seems far away from that farm," Carmen says as she takes a sip of her latte.

"Yeah well, I hope you like it, and the message," Gray smirked

"Well, it definitely got my attention, but did you seriously have to shave the poor thing." Carmen sympathized.

"She'll be right," Gray says as he takes another sip, Carmen just rolls her eyes jokingly.

"Carmen, I need you to go into the museum and look at the 5th art piece, it should be the one that was punctured." Player interrupts.

"When?" Carmen replies.

"Tonight." Player tells Carmen as she drinks her latte.

"So did that child find a lead?" Gray teased budding in.

"Maybe," Carmen said leaving Gray at the cafe alone.

*time skip to night*

"Alright I'm on top," Carmen spoke

"Deactivating security... And you're in." Player replied. Carmen using her grabbling hook to lower herself down. "The painting should but the one on the right it's the 'Le Moulin de la Galette'. It was said to be missing but miraculously at an auction a buyer picked up a $1 million painting for $60 and leaned it to the museum to showcase for the world to see."

"Then Gray stole it?" Carmen questioned.

"He could make loads of money if he sold it." Player stated

"I know, but art doesn't really seem like something he'd be into," Carmen stated as she ran her hand over the punctured art piece. "It's worded in the braille alphabet. Sending you a picture."

After Player took a close look at the artwork with the aligned puncturing, he spoke. "It says... Is."

"Is? That's all?" Carmen asked confused

"One second, let me search something up," Player said.

*time skip to the next day*

"Hello, little red" Gray said as he sips his coffee.

"Gray, we need to talk," Carmen says as she takes a seat.

"And what is it you wish to talk about," Gray asks as he swirls his coffee.

"I want you to take me to that sheep farm," Carmen demanded.

"So you haven't solved the message yet. Alright, I guess I could help you." Gray smirked.

"Well you gave the sheep back after marking it, I just thought you could accompany me, I mean it's the least you could do after making me go on a wild goose chase," Carmen told him as she drank her latte.

"I guess I have no choice." Gray sighed.

*time skip to night*

"Player what's our ETA," Carmen asked

"Abou 10 minutes," Player replied.

"Do we seriously have to ask him about our ETA and for directions? Did you forget that I'm the one who lives here?" Gray budded in.

"No, but you didn't grow up in Perth, you grew up on the other side in Sydney," Carmen stated as they walked up to the farm.

"I've been here long enough to know where I'm going. Plus you asked me to join you, there's not much electricity on farms." Gray argued.

"As you said, you know where you're going. You've been here before to make that mark so you're going to help me find that sheep." Carmen said as she grabbed his arm dragging him onto the farmland. "So show me the way." Carmen looks at him and smiles.

"Fine, but it's dark, so stay close," Gray told her moving his arm so then he could grab her hand, Carmen just nodded. Gray lead her to the way of the sheep paddock, once they got in they shown a dim light towards the sheep, looking for the black sheep. "There," Gray said as he pointed to the sheep that was partially shaved. Gray gave Carmen a pair of sheers as they got towards the black sheep.

"Why would I need these?" Carmen looked at him confused.

"I shaved it partially to draw you here, but you still haven't figured out the message," Gray said as he signaled to the sheep. Carmen gave him a look then turned on the pair of sheers and went to shear the sheep. Gray grabbed Carmen's hand and maneuvered it to the sheep's back.

"Who's there?!" A voice said as house lights turned on.

"Let's go!"Gray laughed as he grabbed Carmen's free hand and dragged the sheep with his other hand, and ran into the darkness. Carmen paused for a few seconds when Gray grabbed her hand but smiled running with him, as they laughed their way out. When they jumped the fence to get away, Carmen fell forward onto Gray, as Carmen was falling Gray let go of the sheep and turned around. They were now inches apart, well at least their faces were, and they just stared at each other.

"God damn hooligans!" A voice yelled from the distance.

Carmen and Gray had just stayed like that, with a tint of red on their cheeks.

"S-sorry!" Carmen stammered as she pushed herself off of Gray.

"I-it's ok" Gray assured Carmen as he got up looking away. "Well we've got the sheep here and we still have the shears." Gray started, trying to change the subject as he gave Carmen the shears and lead he hand to the sheeps back while keeping the sheep still for her.

"Thanks," Carmen muttered with faint smile as she had shaved the sheeps back, but her smile had changed into a shocked expression with no words to form.

"Carmen? Carmen what is it?!" Player asked her with concern in his voice over the ear piece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: So what do you think of this chapter? Tell me if you're a Redcrackle or Carlia shipper. I hope that you had liked it and stay tuned for the next chapter :)
Also I'm think of holding a competition for fan art on this chapter. (Cafe scene, farm scene, sheep scene)

Also the cafe is a real cafe in Perth, come check it out sometime.

Game City Espresso Bar:
0433 032 616
https://maps.app.goo.gl/rGu4SJ6WPJK2vPmC9

Word count : 1223