Chapter 15- Darkness Fills the Void

"I'm going to get you Flora" I shout as I run around the back garden searching for Flora. 

My eyes searched in all different directions across the garden, until I saw a blue ribbon tied at the bottom of a pigtail, I immediately knew that is was Flora.

I ran as fast as I could and wrapped my hands around her small waist.

"Found you!" I yelled as I picked her up in my arms and we started laughing. All of a sudden as I put Flora down and she ran around the grass imitating an airplane. I heard rustling in the trees, so I placed Flora on the ground.

"Flora, I will be back in a second, I just need to check something. Why don't you go inside and get some lunch?" I suggested to her, trying not to indicate that there was something wrong or I was worried.

"Ok!" She said enthusiastically as she ran towards the house. I got closer to the trees that were rustling and now I was officially in the forest. The trees were so tall and dark and I felt like they were towering over me. I could hears crows cawing in the distance as mist circled over the ground and the lower branches of some of the trees. As I took some more careful steps, a branch snapped under my foot and I jumped out of my skin.

"Shit!" I exclaimed whilst quivering. I then decided to continue walking, once again being cautious and I saw a small lake, the water rippling the same way as the mist. I tottered towards the lake and saw my reflection in the water. Suddenly I saw a looming, ghostly shadow tower over me. But before I could yell out or figure out who this was, they had pushed me into the water. The chillness of the water hit my body like a ton of bricks. I could feel the cold over all of my body and I felt so rigid and I couldn't move. This will be the death of me I thought to myself. I tried to swim back to the top, but it was hopeless. I was stuck down here destined for my doom.

Suddenly I saw a pair of large, bruised and scarred hands grab my arms to pull me out of the water. I immediately knew who these hands belonged to. I gasped as I came back to the surface and I kept shivering and my hot breath came out of my mouth like mist. Then I saw him, my father back again, Peter Quint.

"What are you doing back here?" I asked as I shot daggers at him with my dark eyes.

"Y/n, something terrible is going to happen to you" Quint told me. I didn't believe him, he was the entire reason I was here in the first place.

"Oh yeah and why should I believe you? Hm father?" I spat as I empathized the father part.

"Well you might want to listen to me, because I have the ability to do this" He twisted his hand and this action immediately inflicted pain onto my injured area where Kate had hurt me prior to this occasion.

"Ahhhh!!" I yelled out. "Stop, please it hurts"

"I will only stop when you listen to me" Quint replied as an evil smirk was placed across his ghostly face. There was no point in trying to be sarcastic or try to intimidate him at this point, I thought to myself, I might as well just listen to what he has to say.

"Ok ok I will listen to you" I could barely get these words out as the pain he was putting on my injury was too unbearable, I couldn't even think straight. He then stopped and I immediately fell to the ground in relief.

"Here, you might need this" He snapped his fingers and a fluffy navy towel appeared out of no where. I muttered a simple 'thanks' and wrapped the towel around my quivering body.

"As I was saying" My father continued "I don't know how or why, but there is an intention that Miles is being corrupted.

"Wait, hold on, what do you mean by corrupted?" I asked

"Well for a while, he has been seeing troubling visions and he thought the way to get rid of this was by finding someone he could confide in and love. That person was you. I hate to be the bearer of bad news and to tell this to you, Y/n, but Miles is only using you for his own good. He isn't actually in love with you"

I was so dumbfounded by these words that I could actually think of nothing to say. I just stared at my father open mouthed.

"I don't' believe you!" I shouted. "You are lying!! Miles does love me, he does, he does" 

"Y/n, he is using you" Quint looked at me. I could feel angry tears welling up in my eyes.

"How would you know huh? You have never felt love" I merely whispered.

"YOU HAD A WIFE, YOU KNEW HOW TO LOVE AND THE SECOND YOU HAD A CHILD, YOU PUT HER INTO AN ORPHANAGE, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU HAD LOVED ME OR MY MOTHER!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, my anger spewing out of me like lava tumbling out of a volcano. How on earth could my father say this? Miles has been nothing but kind and sweet to me. I mean sure we have had arguments and disagreements but that is just part of life isnt it?

"Well you will have to see for yourself" Quint said to me.

"Oh I will, you don't know love if it punched you in the face, you have no clue how to be loved by someone" I snarled at him. I picked myself up and walked away from him. I am sick and tired of dealing with my father, he has never experienced how to love someone and when the opportunity came when he met his future wife aka my mother and then had me, he turned away into the shadows and the darkness and was just trapped in some sort of void.

A/N

here is your monthly update lmao

also thank you SO MUCHHH for 1.5k reads. honestly did not expect for this story to blow up the way it did x

Hi guys! hope you are all doing well and ok.

don't worry, this is kind of a filler chapter of what is going to happen later on in the story. also sorry if some of you guys are finding this boring but i have other amazing stories coming soon

also if you enjoy my stories then feel free to vote and comment on them

stay safe and i love you all so so much xx