Chapter 4-He Made Me Do It

After what seemed like days, I woke up and I found myself lying in the dirt. I stood and walked around to take in my surroundings. It was quite dark and mist was engulfed in the trees so I could barely see where I was going.

"Miles!" I shouted. I could hear my feet crunch on the dry autumn leaves as I walked around looking for Miles.

"Miles where are you!?" I shouted. I kept walking and I suddenly saw this shadow. It was a cloaked shadow and it was very tall and glooming. Immediately I knew who it was, but it can't be, He's dead right?

"Dad?" I said slightly dazed. The shadow turned around and I saw that all familiar face of my dad.

"Why are you here? Aren't you meant to be dead?" I asked him

"Y/n" Quint started to say "The reason you are seeing me is because I have some advice to give you about your friend Miles"

"I don't think he likes me anymore" I said blatantly

"No he hit you with that stone because.." Quint started to tremble and falter

"Because?" I said

"Because I have been possessing him for a few weeks now and I made him do that because I needed to see you" Quint admitted

"Are you kidding me. How could you!" I said with slight annoyance in my voice.

"Y/n look, I'm sorry. I-"

"No don't even speak to me. Just stay away from me okay. I'm going to talk to Miles" I said and I ran back to the house. I could feel tears streaming down my face. I wiped them off with my sleeve and attempted to find my way back to the house.

I managed to find my way back to the house and I saw Kate standing outside the house.

"Y/n, what happened to you? We were worried sick" Kate barked at me

"I need to talk to Miles" I mumbled under my breath. I walked upstairs and walked towards Miles's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in" Miles said, his voice filled with anger and heartlessness. I came in and Miles stood up from his bed and looked at me.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry for what happened, I honestly have no idea what came over me. He made me do it" Miles whispered lightly

"Who made you do it?" I inquired as I wanted to see whether Quint was telling the truth about him taking over Miles's body.

"Quint" Miles revealed "He has been taking over my body ever since he died and I see him in the mirrors and I can talk to him through them and he makes me do terrible things to people i care about like you" 

"Miles it's ok, we can get through this and I understand. But there is something I have been keeping from you too" I said staring at him.

"Yeah what is it?" Miles looked at me and his eyes started to darken and his pupils started to become dilatated. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"I'm Quint's daughter" I blurted out not being able to contain myself. Miles just stared at me and he didn't know what to say.

"Miles please just say something" I said taking his hand. Miles slapped my hand away and went over to his drum kit at the other end of his bedroom.

"Miles please talk to me" I pleaded standing in front of him. Miles just shot me a sort of 'are you serious?' look and he started to band his drumsticks against the drums with aggression and anger.

"Miles can you stop please?" I asked him. He just shot me that same look and continued to bang the drums and I walked out the room and ran up to mine.

I threw myself onto my bed and put some loud rock music on. The song that came on was 'Boys Don't Cry' by The Cure. Perfect for this exact situation I thought. I started to cry and a million thoughts were rushing through my head. 'why did I tell him about Quint being my dad?' 'Did he already know that?' Does Miles hate me now?'. I looked over at my clock and saw it was just passed 11pm and I decided to get ready for bed. Once I had my pyjamas on and was ready for bed. I saw my door knob turning and my door opened. Flora came bouncing into my room and sat down next to me.

"Hi" She exclaimed to me

"Hi Flora, what you doing here?" I asked her

"Just wanted to check on you, are you okay?" Flora asked shooting me a look which instantly made my heart want to melt at how cute she was

"Well not really, Miles and I had a bit of falling out today" I admitted looking at Flora.

"Miles isn't mad at you anymore. He wanted me to tell you he is sorry and he wants to make it up to you" Flora went on

"Why did he want you to tell him?" I pondered 

"He assumed that you were still mad to him" Flora replied

"Well thank you Flora" I responded and I gave her a hug

"You know I think you are really cool" Flora said gazing up at me

"Oh well you are a super cool little girl. Now I think you should get some sleep okay?" 

"Ok i will, goodnight Y/n" Flora waved at me as she left my room

"Goodnight Flora" I replied

A/N- So what do you guys think of the fan fic? I really hope you are enjoying it. If you have any inquiries or problems at all with it then feel free to comment them down below. I love you all and thank you to everybody reading this! xoxox