Chapter 10- Stop The Car!

The Next Day

It was middle of the afternoon. Miles, Flora and I had just came in from running around in the garden and taking care of the horses. I was wearing black dungarees, a purple turtleneck tucked underneath it with a chained belt, purple and white vans shoes and a purple bandana tied to my head.

We came into the main living room and saw Kate and Mrs Grose together. They both acknowledged us and we sat down on the sofa. 

"How about we go into town and get a new koi?" Kate said as a warm smile crossed her face. I snuggled into Miles's shoulder.  

"Yeah sure" Miles said smiling 

"I don't wanna go" i whispered in Miles's ear. 

 "Flora and Y/n don't leave the property as you already know Kate" Mrs Grose said with a stern tone of voice. It was true, ever since that incident with the bridge about a month ago, Mrs Grose promised me that I did not have to leave the property if I didn't want to.

"Hey its ok, ill protect you" Miles whispered back kissing my cheek. "O come on it will be fun" Kate said smiling at us. Kate was desperate for us to we go out so we could get some fresh air. 

"I don't want to, no thanks" Flora said looking up at Kate. I gave Flora a cuddle. Flora also did not want to go because of what happened to her parents and I know that Flora didn't want to die in a car like her parents did. 

"We're in the same boat Flora" I said to her. Flora smiled up at me.

"Y/n you are like the sister I never had, I like you being here" Flora said batting her gorgeous dark eyes and smiling with that little angelic smile she has.

"I love you too my little flower" I said kissing her head. I called Flora my little flower a while ago and she really likes the nickname.

"Y/n?" Kate said looking at me. I gave her a dirty look and she then touched my face. I slapped her hand and backed away.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! I said I don't want to go okay! Just listen to me and Flora!" I screamed and I burst into tears.

"Hey hey its ok Y/n, shhh shhh shh its ok" Miles said hugging me and I cried into his shoulder.

"How about we ask my special friend hm?" Miles said to Flora and I. Flora just shrugged her shoulders. I knew what Miles had meant by his 'special friend'. He was meant that he was going to ask Quint as he had been in Miles's head for a while.

"Hey will you keep me,  Y/n and Flora safe?" He asked staring into the mirror.

"And Kate too?" Flora said

"and Kate" Miles added. 

"You will, awesome!" Miles smiled at us "He says you guys have nothing to worry about" He added.

"Come on then little flower, lets get your coat" I said as Flora took my hand. Mrs Grose then came after us. I hung back and I heard Miles say to Kate "He also thinks your tattoo is sexy". He then walked out of the room and approached me. I slapped his chest and gave him a weird look.

"What?" He said shooting me a look of innocence.

"He also thinks your tattoo is sexy!?" I say mimicking him

"Hey that was not me" He replied. I then gave him another look. "It wasn't ok?" He as he put his hands up in innocence.

"Relax" I said laughing. " I was teasing". We both laughed and then went to get our coats.

*Time Skip*

We all got into the car but before I did I went to hug Mrs Grose. She has always been like a grandma to me , she always made me feel confident and special. She was actually the one that gave Miles the courage to ask me out.