1. 'Sometimes I think you like to get punched'

It was hard watching everyone grow up, around me all my friends. Everyone rushing around, packing up their bags. Of course, the everyone I'm talking about being my father, and my two best friends.

My father going to help in the war, Britain needed help and so he volunteered.

Steven Grant Rogers and James Buchanan Barnes. My two best friends, they were packing their bags ready to set off.

James, or Bucky as some people call him, had been accepted into war. He was being shipped off soon, I wasn't prepared to let him go as we haven't been apart from each other for more than a week, in which was when we got in an argument when playing cops and robbers. Only because I wanted to be a cop but so did he, it was a petty argument, but we were 7 at the time. Eventually Steve made us make up, and I'm glad we did. It made it hard on Steves part because he had to put up with the argument. When he already had enough on his plate, being ill most of the time, but we made sure to look out for him.

Steve was scrawny and small, I felt sorry for him; he had missed out on so much from being ill, that also meant nobody wanted him as a soldier. I knew that he would be great if they had given him a chance, every time he gets turned down, he goes back and tries once more. His perseverance shows through and I'm surprised nobody wants him, when you get past his small and tired build, a soldier shines through waiting patiently to be let on the battlefield to fight for his country. That's all Steve has ever wanted: to make his country proud, to make me and Buck proud. Although the man has definitely made us proud, he was a sick kid and he got through that, we knew it wasn't easy for him. He did it, anyway, kept pushing through. One day he will be on the front line.

*time skip brought to you by little baby Steve*

"I could do this all day." I recognised that voice, Steve.

I walk into an alley and see Steve lying on the floor pretty close to being knocked out.

"Hey, get away from him." I said loudly to the man. A worried look painted my face, giving the man an advantage.

"What was that princess?" he smirked.

I walk past him trying to get to Steve, whilst he has different plans pulling me closer to him by gripping onto my wrist, I knew I looked like a scared child now. Luckily, I see a familiar face, Bucky in his uniform, which I could never get used to. The man looked like sex on legs. Although he was attractive, he's not really my type.

"Hey, pick on someone your own size." Bucky growled at the man before dodging and throwing a punch at him.

I ran towards Steve to help him up, noticing the letter in his hand, I gave it to Bucky so I could help Steve.

I wiped the blood away from his face, whispering, "What did you do this time, huh?"

"He was being disrespectful, whilst everyone was watching the movie." he explained.

"Trust you to try and make it fair." I smiled and hugged him lazily.

Bucky continued, "Sometimes I think you like to get punched." He then opens the letter and starts talking to Steve about how he shouldn't lie on his enlistment, as he could get arrested.

Steve takes his eyes off the ground and looked around my shoulder at Bucky, "You get your orders?"

"The 107th Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out to England first thing tomorrow." I rubbed Bucky shoulder to show my support, to which he smiled back at me.

"Come on, man. My last night! Gotta get you cleaned up." he said showing his bright smile.

"Why? Where are we going?" Steve expressed with a confused face.

"The future."

Bucky wrapped his arm around Steves shoulder, while I wrapped my arm around Steves arm. In his hand he held a newspaper, with this so-called future in.

*time skip*

After taking my time getting my curls ready, red lipstick done and getting on a dress, I head down to the pavilion. I had already found myself a date, I just hope he won't act like a pig like the few dates I'd had before.

My father had told me that men only wanted one thing, so I watched myself at all moments making sure I never made a slip up. Before my mother passed, she'd always talked about how she waited until marriage with my father, and I'd almost wanted to follow in her footsteps. Although I didn't know if I wanted to marry, or if the right guy would come around. Of course, I had liked guys, but did that mean that they were the right one? Steve had always had my heart, but it was difficult with him as he didn't really have much experience with women, I was pretty much the only woman that had stuck around since we'd met, except his mother, until she passed.

It was Bucky that introduced us when we were in kindergarten. Bucky accidentally tripped me over and then offered me a flower to make it better I accepted and then we were friends ever since. Then we met Steve who was being beaten up, as usual, and we stuck up for him. I didn't know we would be friends with each other until we made it clear, 'I'm with you till the end of the line.'

I met up with Peter, my date, he was blonde, slightly taller than me, and had a cute face, almost like Steve. He also had his uniform on, so I knew he would be leaving probably in the morning with Bucky or in a different squadron. I smiled at him and he returned it. We linked arms and went to meet up with Steve, Bucky, and their dates. Once we found them, both girls were in front with Bucky, whilst Steve just lingered behind. He looked like a child, annoyed with the slightest thing his parent did that he didn't agree with. Peter and I tried to start conversation with him, although he didn't seem too interested. Instead, I just started making conversation with Peter, he seemed like a nice guy, and he was easy to talk to. I hoped we would be friends, obviously nobody could replace Bucky and Steve, but another friend wouldn't hurt.

The night went okay, Steve left after 5 minutes of the show, but he was probably trying to get recruited. Soon it led to me and Peter doing a slow dance although I was never any good at dancing, so it was more me just stepping on his toes. He tried not to wince as my heels hit his now fragile foot. Eventually we just gave up and talked. Then it was getting late, so we turned in for the night.

I got home being greeted by my dad, he said to me, "Hun, I'm going, I love you, and I will see you soon. Don't get into trouble." he smiled at me and I hugged him before letting him go.

I shout, "I love you too!"

Well, this is going to be different.

1238words

SO, first chapter, you like?

make sure to eat, drink and talk to some people :)

-erin