The arrival - 1

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
                                     — Phyllis Diller

- The reader's P.O.V -

In a land far, far away, or to be more precise, the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning, a shadow's flying for his life, well he would if he had one. He stops at a tall figure with brown perfect hair. "I found him, I found the one" the shadowy says proudly but still calm. "You've said that about everyone for the last century", the tall boy replied with a clear irritation in his voice.

"No, no. This time it's different, I can feel it, this is the one" the shadow says in defense. The moonlight reveals how the brunette's mouth turns into a grin suitable a devil. "What are you still doing here?!", asks the boy, "Prepare for the flight" he order. And with that the shadow nodded and flue away into the night sky again.

"Did the shadow find anyone interesting?", another boy with blond hair asks as he makes his appearance, "perhaps the one?". "Well that he claims, but if he isn't, you know we could always need another lost boy", the brunette with the devil's grin says satisfied.

Soon the prophecy will become reality. But is it really this boy who will save them all? Or is it someone else..?

- Alice's P.O.V -

"I can't take this much longer", I sigh. "Ah come on! It's the last day of school, we can do this!" I hear from Nate who imitate what I said this morning. I slowly turn my head to meet his ocean-blue eyes in a I'm-gonna-kill-you-kind of stare and says "remember where we are going tonight, and who is the nice one to let you stay there". Now it's my turn to get a death stare, but this time from our teacher who is trying to make us stay awake during our last period. As if that's gonna happen...

Nate and Chloé try their best to hide a giggle and I would do the same if I wouldn't have caught a glimpse of Jacob. Poor Jacob, this is his first day in school since last month's tragic event. His family thought it would be good for him to Home back to a "normal" environment as fast as possible. I thought differently, what he needs is to spend some time with his friends.

"10 minutes left" I hear Chloés voice utter, "10 minutes!" Nate calls out devastated as he slides further down on his chair. A sharp "Shhhhh!" appear with another death-stare, "Oh sorry...". "10 minutes!?" repeats Nate, but this time whispering, as he looks at Chloé.

"Yeah it's not that long, it's only 5 minutes times 2 if you think about it", I hear myself whisper back. "No more math Alice'', Nate complains as he presses his palms to his ears, "It's summer now", "Not yet, it's still 10 minutes left on this lesson" tease Chloé with a smirk. "Actually now it's 4 times 2 minutes left" I state proudly as I look at the old yellow clock that once was white. For the first time today Jacob looks at us and says "What does that equal?" and the four of us start laughing.

I didn't know how much I've missed Jacobs' laugh until now. I guess it was a good idea to bring him to school after all. Although he isn't really himself to the fullest yet, I can sense the fake mask he puts on for the four of us. But soon it will become even better and we can all laugh for real. I can feel it.

- Later -

"Do my dearest friends have everything they need? ", I ask in a royal-like accent, or what I think is a royal-like accent. "What can you possibly need in a million dollar mansion Alice?", Nate asked me back. "A map perhaps", Chloé states as the house becomes visible in between the treetops.

The car turns in and drives through the gates without any problems. All four of us jumps out of the black car as soon as it stops before the house. Because Chloé and Nate seems to have frozen in place with their jaws dropped to the ground I utter "we are only going to stay in the east side", "Yeah I think that should be enough for the four of us", Jacob says as he grabs our bags from the back of the car.