The cave catastrophe - 15

"If the world is cold, make it your business to build a fire."

-Horace Tribal

- Alice P.O.V -

Once again I find myself running as if my life depended on it, which it kind of does since I have to win this thing to get out of here. To get everyone out, all four of us, safely... Who knows when, or even if we're ever gonna leave this island otherwise.

Thankfully I know exactly where I'm headed. And thanks to Peter's little tour on the island it's easier to know where i'm headed now, even if it's not far away now so i would probably have found it even if i didn't have gotten that tour.

Mazing through the forest, in between the hundreds of big and green growing trees, the forest is quiet and lifeless on the outside but if you take a deeper look you'll find that the whole place is filled with life and energy. It almost sparkles around me as I run over roots, mud and stones trying my best not to trip and fall, because then Peter would perhaps catch up on me.

The sparkling feeling in the air is of course all the magic in Neverland that's almost tickling your skin when you run like I'm doing now.

I speed up in excitement and relief when I hear that I'm close, very close to the final distinction! The sound of running water hits my ear and makes me feel more calm in my stressed state. A few seconds later the forest opens up to the small, beautiful lake with the little waterfall I washed up in yesterday.

With no time to spare I run towards the water and stop in front of it as I quickly take off my shoes. I pull up the lacing and take off my left shoe, followed by my left sock which I quickly push down into the shoe so it doesn't fall out.

After I've done the same thing with my other foot I take a step out into the water, which actually isn't that cold, and ignore all the paddles I'm stepping on as I'm walking forwards keeping my eyes onto the shoes while I'm trying to tie them together so it's easier to hold them.

When the shoes finally come together with a nice bow I hang them around my neck and hurry towards the small waterfall which hopefully covers the sounds I'm making while I'm doing my best to push through the water. It almost seems like the water is trying to make me stay away, as if it's not helping me at all and instead forcing me to stay back. But I'm not the one to give up that easily so I'm continuing to push forward, staring intensely at the water that's pouring down ahead.

The water is reaching up to my waist as I with a sigh walk past the waterfall, carefully walking around it, so that not all of my clothes and my hair get wet. I manage to do so and behind the water, a cave is hidden.

This cave that I found yesterday when I washed up will hopefully be a good hiding place for my flag! Hopefully Peter doesn't find me here...

I walk into the cave, feeling how the water level becomes lower very fast with every step I take, and after a few steps I'm standing on a completely dry spot. Or it's not dry for long since my wet clothes drip down, making a soft and calming sound as the floor I'm standing on gets wet.

It's actually lighter in here then l would've thought... I look around me and notice a hole in the cave ceiling and thanks to the big entrance it gives the first section of the cave enough light for it to be possible to see clearly.

I move my hands to my head and pull the shoes forward, away from my neck. I quickly unties the bow and snorts annoyed as I feel how my fingers get sticky when I accidentally touch the shoe which is apparently slightly covered in mud. I must've stepped on a muddy area as I ran, but I didn't notice it since I was so focused on running towards my goal.