Chapter 11

Hey everyone! New update; you're going to want to buckle up for this one's ending;) I can't wait to see how you guys will react! Dedicated to my baby eroticaIrisGrace ! I love you, and there are no words to describe how thankful I am to have you in my life <3

Shoutout to Nads, Sab, Shane, Diem, and many more!

Cheers to friends, both old and new <3

Chapter 11

Blake

He sat there, running through codes and scouring the system with his program, but something was wrong. He'd been working for about fifteen minutes already but it was almost as if the system didn't even have a lock. There was no key to be found for encrypted files since there were none.

It didn't add up, he furrowed his brows. Murphy Enterprises, in all its advanced tech, didn't have any classified documents? No blueprints or floor plans to hide? The company was so transparent, even an amateur could hack into this place.

Belatedly, he thought of Calla and her brief fancy into coding when they were younger, how even she could hack into a company as big as this thanks to its lax network security.

"What are you doing?" She had asked him one morning when he sat underneath a tree on the compound. He'd been sitting there for a good two hours already, developing a new type of virus.

"Nothing much." He immediately shut his laptop closed.

"Didn't look like nothing." She shrugged, settling down next to him, far too close than what was considered polite company. "Was that coding you were doing?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?" He asked, furrowing his brows. She approached him from in front, not behind, so she couldn't have seen his screen.

Calla smirked ever so slightly, leaning back and brushing his arm with hers. Whether it was on accident, he didn't know. "I saw codes reflected in your eyes. Your blue eyes are pretty light, I would have missed them if I wasn't staring for as long as I was."

He raised his brows, shocked by her blatant proclamation. She'd never been this forward before. Sure, they played the game, testing the waters and giving each other sidelong glances, but it was just that; a game.

"Would you teach me?" She asked, looking at him sideways. He leaned back, pretending to ponder over his next words. "My seventeenth birthday is coming up," She said. How could he forget, he had been wracking his brain for what to get her the last few days. "think of it as a birthday gift, if you will." She bit her lip, cupping her head over her hand where her elbow rested on her knee.

Internally, he groaned. Her effect on men knew no bounds, no matter how much he tried to resist. She was probably unaware just how much she really affected the male species around her by the smallest of movements, but it was the way her eyes always looked that did him in.

"All right." He agreed. "Let's see if you're up for it." He smirked.

Little did he know he was giving her something a little different for a birthday gift.

Give her was loosely interpreted, more like do her would've been the more accurate term.

Blake blinked the memory away. It wasn't a good idea to think about Calla at all right now, not when he needed to focus.

However, he shook his head, ignoring once again the sinister feeling in his gut. Cassandra said she needed information, so that was exactly what he'd get her.