Chapter 6

Thank you so much for 400 votes!! Here's a chapter early and it's quite long:) This chapter is dedicated to Elywritesandreads for making this amazing edit for LA! Thanks so much bb <3 Follow my IG account (vhentiia) if you haven't already for teasers and edits!

Lots of love <3

Chapter 6

Callista

It was noon now as she strolled down the street away from the Botanical Garden. She left the small shop after saying goodbye to Roisin. Now, she was walking a few blocks away, and still hasn't found a taxi to hail down.

She was exhausted. She hadn't slept at all since abandoning her mission, and she was too anxious to get any shut-eye on the plane.

She'd had to pay an arm and a leg to get on the earliest flight out to Belfast, going as far as to bribe a passenger after arguing with them for a good hour.

Now, she was swaying on her feet, lugging around her small duffel bag of clothing and carry-on, and could hardly walk in a straight line.

No matter how good they train you back at CHAOS, you can't run on empty fuel for long.

She was walking, trying to keep her eyes open when she suddenly tripped on a protruding piece of the pavement. She was distinctly aware that she was falling, feeling the wind course through her hair yet she was too tired to do anything about it; she just closed her eyes and waited for the moment that she'd feel the cold and rough cement scrape against her skin.

It came as a shock to her moments later when she didn't feel what was sure to be inevitable. It briefly registered in her mind that now, she had soft and warm skin embracing her tightly, holding her so that she didn't fall.

She opened her eyes to find Blake's baby blue eyes staring back at her, looking worried as he held his breath.

"You found me." She stated the obvious, not entirely sure if she was happy or sad about it.

"I did." He said, looking down on the ground before looking back up at her. "You underestimate me sometimes, you know?" He added, trying to lighten the mood.

She shook free of his grasp, stepping away, albeit unsteadily. "You shouldn't be here, Blake." She said, starting to walk away.

He merely shrugged, following after and matching his stride to hers. "According to CHAOS, I should be." He said.

Calla looked at him. "That was fast." Was her only comment.

"They're effective when they want to be." He said. "You should know."

She nodded. "Then are you my enemy Blake?" She paused their walking to a halt, asking him point-blank. "Clearly you being here means they sent you to stop me, by whatever means necessary. You'll have to kill me to stop me, Blake."

"I'm never your enemy, Calla." He said softly, grasping her hand in his. "Hey, look at me." He pleaded when she only stared at the ground, a hand coming up to turn her face up when he grasped her chin softly.

"I'm always going to be on your side, Calla." He said firmly, looking into her eyes. "Okay?"

She stared into his eyes, searching for something, but she didn't know what. After a few moments, his determination never wavered and she finally answered him. "Okay." She nodded, staring at his eyes for a few more seconds before looking away.

He let her go. They stood awkwardly together side-by-side. She didn't know how, but suddenly there was tension between them that was never there before, not for the longest time that they'd known each other.