Chapter 15

Hi angels! How are you doing? I hope you're having an amazing day <3

New cover for Lethal Attraction! What do you think? It was made by my talented friend (thegraphicsdistrict) on IG!

We haven't done these in a while but this week's VOTE GOAL is 1200 votes! Currently, we are at 1123 <3 If we reach this goal before next week's update, I will update early!

Dedicated to mira_brendan_

Chapter 15

Callista

It's been three days since she first heard Paris was dead. Approximately 72 hours and they still haven't gotten anywhere.

After Gabriel attacked her, Blake had convinced her to lay low and rest. She was exhausted from being on a mission the last few weeks in Miami. Add to that the fact that she shudders at the thought of Mark Richardson and the way he was coming on to her up to the emotional stress she'd been dealing with, it was the smart thing to do.

But the smart choices they make often never felt good.

Their visit to the Lexington was proven futile, with the owner Patrick Lexington knowing just as much as Manuel Santiago did when asked. He also offered her his condolences.

She told him she'd take his condolences and shove it down his throat.

Meanwhile, Paris was moving like a snake. Silent, deadly... but alive, she knew.

The phone call she received proved that. She finally found the time to go over the information she collected on her USB. It was difficult to do with Arsenio breathing down her neck, his eyes watchful on her since her little trip with Blake.

Calla didn't know what to make of it. She was used to being watched. Ever since she was twelve, she was often stared at for her striking looks by boys, girls, and men who had no business looking at a child that intensely. She knew she wasn't a traditional beauty-- her features were too prominent, yet it was the striking lines of her face that drew in everyone's attention.

Consequently, she felt when all eyes were on her-- a misfortune, according to her brother, who always felt the need to be overprotective and shield her. It proved futile when everyone ended up staring at them both, much to his displeasure.

Twins like them were a force to be reckoned with.

So it shouldn't have bothered her so much when Gabriel Arsenio's eyes were fixed onto her whenever she had the unfortunate pleasure of being in his presence.

It... blasted her, like a zing so strong in its momentary power.

It bothered her immensely-- like an itch she couldn't scratch.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Gabriel asked, his gaze boring into her back. She was formally dressed in black slacks, a figure-hugging top, and a grey overcoat.

"To visit Manuel again." The lie slipped easily through her lips. "There may be more information he hasn't told me yet."

"I call bullshit, Drakos." He said, dropping down from his high seat against the kitchen counter in her hotel room.

Gabriel had taken it upon himself to guard her while they were still getting their bearings on the situation. Blake had left to hold off Cassandra from their case but she was getting impatient. They didn't have a lot of time.

"Don't try to lie again," He remarked with a suggestive raise of his brow. "I'd hate to break any more of your bones." She winced. After Blake reset her shoulder back into place, the tension between him and Gabriel was on an all high. Meanwhile, she was resigned to her fate.