43

And we would like to once again thank our beloved keynote speaker for today, Mr. Tin Medthanan. Even though he has a tight schedule, he managed to come, and grace this year's "Young Entrepreneur Convention". This is your host, Mark and thank you all for coming.

"What time is it?"

Tin is casually asking his secretary, Benjamin about the time while taking a group photo with the attendees. The convention finished earlier than expected, but the press are already lining up outside, wanting to get a short interview from Tin.

It was not long ago that the second son of the Medthanan was awarded the "Youngest Self-Made Billionaire of the Year". Despite being born to a wealthy family, Tin built his business from scratch, and then slowly made a name for himself. His independence brought him great amount of success which a lot of the younger generation find inspiring.

With his growing popularity all over the country, even the gossip magazines are now curious about his personal life. Imagine being a successful handsome bachelor with an amazing educational background. It will be a given that ladies will think, you are a good catch. But, this is not Tin's interest. He doesn't like the press. He doesn't like fame. He just wants to work, nothing more.

"It's half past 10, sir". Benjamin replied.
"Hmmm. Can you then tell Mike to meet us at the lobby? I'll stop by the office real quick to sign some papers then meet my dad for lunch". Tin politely asked.

Benjamin has been working with the Medthanan for years now. He started out as his father's intern in the real estate company. Through the years, the Medthanan head saw Benjamin's dedication and hardwork. He made Benjamin as one of the executives in the corporation. However, when Tin is starting to grow empire, he asked his dad if Benjamin can work for him as a secretary and adviser. Tin knows that since Benjamin has gained a lot of experience in the industry, his knowledge will be of great help to his company. Mr. Medthanan agreed and so did Benjamin.

He is Tin's version of Alfred. (Batman reference)

As Tin and some of his employees walk towards the lobby of Hotel Lúa, something colorful made Tin stopped. Everyone was dumbfounded by the sudden pause of their boss. Slowly, they looked at him to see if anything's wrong. But even before Benjamin opened his mouth to ask, Tin immediately faced the wall on his left.

The wall is in between two floor-to-ceiling windows. It is white, smooth and wide. Towards the center, a 59" x 39" framed painting was placed to make it pop. Tin slowly approached the painting to get a better view. Then while looking at it carefully, the hotel manager stand beside him.

"Do you find this painting interesting, Mr. Medthanan?". asked the hotel manager. Tin remained silent as he observes the entirety of the painting.

"The hotel owner bought it from the annual painting auction in Chiang Mai. He brought it in the hotel few months ago to decorate this space. Isn't it fascinating?" the manager added.

But, Tin cannot be bothered as of the moment. There is something about this painting that made him feel a lot of things. He looked down and saw the artwork label.

Unknown, 2019
Painting No. 43
Acrylic on Canvass

"What the name of the painter?" Tin finally broke his silence.

"No one knows, Mr. Medthanan". The manager breaking the bad news to Tin. "Until now, our boss still considers this a mystery. To be honest, this is the third time he purchased this kind of painting. He brought two similar art pieces before, and we think it is created by the same artist. Before painting 43, we have painting 32 located near the concierge on the eastern wing, and painting 10 inside the CEO's office".

Painting 43 is a colorful abstract silhouette of man's right side profile that was painted using a palette knife. It looks colorful and alive, but sad at the same time.

Tin once again looked at the manager and asked him a favor.

"Can you take a photo of painting 32 and painting 10? I would love to see them. Send the copies to Benjamin".

After the manager agreed to Tin's request, the young Medthanan turned his back from the painting and continue walking to his car waiting outside.

(Inspiration for Painting 43 found on Pinterest)SOULGLANCE - Jackie Lozano - Anonymous 2014

SOULGLANCE - Jackie Lozano - Anonymous 2014