The First Encounter

During the car ride, Tin was looking out the window, still thinking about what he saw at the hotel. He is certain that the painting looks familiar. It looks like one of the works of someone he used to know. A person from his past. A person that suddenly vanished.

(3 years ago.....)

Tin is frustrated with Pete always hanging out with the football player from Thai Program. Pete is his bestfriend. And he is used to being with him all the time. However, things changed. Pete is always in a hurry to leave after class. Sometimes, he comes to school early just to be with that Ae guy. Tin is not having it. He is not convinced that Ae is just in it for the friendship, just like what Pete said. Tin thinks of something more. He thinks that Ae only wants money from Pete. Nothing else.

Tin and Pete met when they were young. Rich people always have these social events where they show-off their kids as a way of introducing their heirs. Tin was with his father, the real estate Tycoon, and older brother Tun. Being the second born son, Tin thought that he really has no need to be there. In the world of the wealthy, it is always the eldest child that is more important when it comes to business.

So while the fancy night is happening, Tin decided to sit on a quiet nook and read his book.  People always compare Tin with his older brother. Many believe that they are the polar opposite of each other. Tun is a social butterfly. As a Medthanan heir, he is expected to mingle with everyone. People always see him smiling at gatherings, laughing at conversation, and talking to his seniors with much substance that even the older generations find impresssive.

Tin, on the other hand, is the complete irony of his famous Phi. He doesn't want to be with a crowd. He hates parties. He doesn't give any reactions when someone's talking, and he doesn't like starting a conversation. In other words, Tin wants to be left alone in his own bubble. Some even think that Tin is the Ice Prince. Given that he is pleasing enough to look at, but his way around with people is below the freezing point. No one would dare to test it.

"Great choice of book". said by an unfamiliar voice. "I already read it twice, I still want to read it again. What chapter are you in?" the voice inquisitively asked.

Tin looked at the location of the voice, and saw a boy same age as him. His skin is fair, has a bowl haircut, neatly-styled, and has a pair of bunny cheeks.

"Hi Tin, I'm Prichaya, but you can call me Pete. My mother told me about you. We will be classmates soon".

Tin nodded as a response. As much as he wanted to intimidate Pete and push him away, there is something about Pete's persona that just screams "soft boy, don't hurt".

Since then Tin and Pete became close and started hanging out. Tin protected Pete whenever other kids bully him in school. Pete, on the other hand, helps Tin to adjust with the crowd. He became Tin's comfort zone.

Now, anyone can just imagine the annoyance in Tin's face whenever Pete ditch him for a guy he just met through a bike accident. Tin started packing his books, and decided to leave the student center of the International Studies department.

It was a bright and sunny day. Everything looks beautiful and warm. The Ice Prince was on his way to his car with his bag hanging on his right shoulder. He was walking like the usual when suddenly, a guy who's about 1.76m froze in the center. He was mumbling about something and looks confused. This guy was standing in the middle of the walkway like he's not an inconvenience to some passerbys.

"Get out of the way" Tin rudely instructed the stranger. Out of nowhere, the guy standing was shocked. He looked at Tin with confusion.

"Who are you talking to?" the guy asked.
"Get out. I'm going to walk" Tin asnwered back.
"I won't. There's so much space for you to walk" the guy retaliated.
"I said, get out. I want to walk". Tin repeated himself.
"Then you must wait because I won't get out of the way. Why? Is your dad the owner of the university? the stranger once again asked.
"You don't know who my dad is?" Tin curiously responded.

The stranger then shooked his head. With his action, it is obvious that he has no clue about Tin's dad, moreso his background. Tin then find it useless to confront this stranger. He released a deep sigh and tried introducing a bit of himself.

"My surname is Medthanan". Tin said
But the guy still doesn't get it.

Knowing how rude Tin is to people living a social status below him, he let out an unpleasing remarks to the stranger.

"Talking to a stupid person like you is such a waste of time"

These words triggered the guy so he hit back while grasping Tin's arms.

"I admit that I'm stupid. But, do you admit that your parents didn't raise you well that's why you behave like this?"

This question felt like an injury to Tin. Because both of his parents are busy with their businesses, they rarely spent time with him growing up.

Tin jerked the stranger's hands off of him, and the looked at him dead in the eye.

"Are you done talking?" Tin irritatedly asked.
"I don't want to waste more time". He continued.

He left the scene with the guy still standing in the middle of the walkway cursing him to death.

Tin then reached his car and drove outside the campus with frustration.

End of Chapter

Writer's note:
Through out the first few chapters of the novel, you will read some scenes from Love by Chance and A Chance to Love. I used this as a back story of Tin and Can.

In this novel, the set up is Ae and Pete are together for quite some time now, but Tin and Can still haven't met each other.