Soulmates

Author note
Hey guys. It's been a while, but I'm back! Yay! Anyway this chapter is a kidge soulmates/ high school AU. I love reading soulmate au's so hopefully you guys will enjoy reading this. This story is a probably going to be a few chapters. Also if u did enjoy it please vote xxx.

Everyone has a soulmate and a soul mark. Its the colour of your soulmate's eyes and is in any shape or form. Katie Holt stared at her mark. She had got her's when she was 10. That was 6 years ago. Her mark was strange. It was purple. No one had purple eyes. Katie thought it was a joke at first, or that something was wrong with it. But maybe there was someone with purple eyes. It was situated on her left wrist and wrapped around it like a vine. Matt alway joked that her soulmate was an alien. She didn't find it funny though. She kept it hidden by wearing an arm band. She still hasn't met her soulmate and didn't think she would very soon.

Katie woke up to her phone pinging away like crazy. She groaned and grabbed her phone to see who was spamming her. It was lance. Of course. Lance was one of her best friends. He was texting her to get her out of bed and to school because she always slept in. She went to the bathroom to freshen up and changed into her clothes for school. She grabbed a cereal bar and left the house. She walked to school and saw Lance and hunk (her other best friend) when she got there. Lance was just blabbering about some hot girl in his class.

The bell signalling the start of class finally went off. Katie went to her math class and Hunk and Lance went to English. Professor Coran greeted her as she took a seat. She sat on a table of 2 by her self. But she liked it like that. Allura, another one of her friends sat in front of her. She often turned around to talk to Katie or ask her for help. Allura had already found her soulmate, Lotor. Her mark was grey like Lotor's eyes.
Class started and 10 minutes later a boy walked in. He had a black mullet, pale skin and wore a red jacket with black skinny jeans. Typical bad boy, Katie thought as she returned to her work. Professor Coran noticed him and called him to the front of the class and then proceeded to introduce him. His name was Keith. THE Keith. The boy that Lance was always talking about. Apparently they were rivals or enemies or something. But why was he in this class?

Professor then told him to sit in the only empty seat in the whole class. The one next to Katie. As he was walking over to the desk, Allura turned around and widened her eyes at Katie and nodded in his direction to show that this was the Keith. Katie frowned in response. This couldn't end well.

He sat down next to her and got started on his work straight away. She discreetly looked at him. Everything about him screamed 'emo bad boy'. But she could see that he was fairly attractive. Probably more than Lance. She still didn't see how he and Lance could be rivals. She probably shouldn't tell him that Keith was in her math class or that he sat next to her. He was quiet and didn't even acknowledge Katie. Which was fine by her because she didn't want to be seen talking with her best friend's so called rival. Class resumed and as usual, Katie answered all the questions professor Coran wrote on the board. But what happened next was unexpected.

Professor had just finished writing the hardest question on the board and before Katie had the chance to shout out the answer, a rough but quiet voice from beside her answered the question perfectly. Everyone was shocked and stared at Keith because not only did he speak for the first time that lesson, but he also knew the answer. Even professor Coran looked supposed. Katie just gaped at him. She was not used to other people being on her level. So this is why Keith was in this class. He's was smart, just like her. It was then, while she was staring at him that she realised he was wearing black leather fingerless gloves. That covered his wrist, where his soul mark was. He seemed like a private person so he probably just wanted to keep his mark to himself. It made sense to Katie, as she too was hiding her mark.

Class ended and Katie met up with Lance and Hunk by a bench outside. They sat down and started talking when a certain emo boy walked over to their bench. Lance saw him first and stood up. He called him 'mullet head' and asked him why he was near them Keith just rolled his eyes and moved away from Lance and in front of Katie. Her eyes widened when he got close to her. He then handed her a piece of paper and explained how she left before professor Coran could give her the maths homework. She took the paper and thanked him. She looked at his face but she couldn't see his eyes because his bangs covered them. Weird, she thought.

He walked off and Lance started interrogating her about why Keith was giving her homework and how she knew him. She quickly explained to him how he was in her math class. She hesitated a moment before then telling him how Keith also sat near her. Lance and Hunk's eyes both widened. Lance then launched into rant mode and stared going on and on and on about Keith and why she should stay away from him. He kept going until the bell went again and it was time for their next class.

Katie got the feeling that Lance might be jealous of Keith. Keith was smarter, more popular and more attractive than Lance. Wait, why was she thinking about how attractive Keith was? She bit back her blush and hurried to her next class. The day breezed by and before she knew it, she was walking to Sal's, a fast food place she was working at. She changed into her uniform and stood behind the counter and got ready to do her job as cashier. After school was always the busiest because all the high school students came there to eat. The bell rang, signalling the door opened. Katie looked up and her breath caught in her throat. A group of teenagers were walking towards the counter. They were the popular kids at her school. The group consisted of Shiro, Zethrid, Ezor, Axca and Keith. Why was she seeing him multiple times a day?

They got to the counter and started ordering and when Keith looked up at who the cashier was, his eyes light up in recognition slightly. Katie offered a small smile to him and sen wrote down their order and started adding up the price. Once they finished ordering, everyone but Keith went to sit at a table. Katie was slightly confused as to why Keith was still standing there so she asked him politely if there was anything else she could get him. He shook his head and then asked her why Lance had a problem with him. She was a bit taken back but the question but she replied anyway. Keith listened intently to her and had his eyes on her the whole time. She felt heat rising in her cheeks when she realised. She then looked him in the eyes and she could kind of see their colour. They were a blue/grey colour. Interesting she though. But the more she looked at them they started to look ... purple?. She shook her head. It was impossible. It had to be the lighting.

Just then Keith's friend Shiro shouted out for Keith to come sit down and stop taking to the cute girl, meaning Katie. The others started laughing and hooting and both Keith and Katie started blushing profusely. Keith quickly apologised and went. Katie then busied herself with the next customers. Their food came soon after and when they finished, it was time to pay. They came up to the counter again and payed separately. Keith was last to pay and one was he did, he left. But not before giving Katie a slight wave and saying he would see her around. She didn't know how to reply to that so she just stood there stunned and blushing. The customer at the counter cleared their throat and she quickly snapped out of it and helped them. Gosh, she had only met Keith today and he was already talking to her like he knew her for ages. She wanted to get to know him, but Lance kind of stood in her way. What should she do?